Carburator looking Fuel injection Mss air.. not speed densi

Ron Earp

Admin
If that works it'd be nice. Have not really looked at it in depth, but I for years have been complaining about the speed density EFI systems and it is nice someone has actually given it a go.

Ron Earp

Admin
I have felt, in working with Ford system, that the mass air always gave better drivability. And, responding to modifications they were always hands down the winner but that isn't such a big deal on 40s since you'll tune it and leave it alone. The 40s I've driven with SD didn't drive as good as a MAF system, even if the MAF was supporting a bunch of hp via blowers or monster motor. Still drove fine, but just weren't as smooth.

At small throttle openings I have never experienced a SD system that can do as well as a MAF. I think the MAFs are much more accurate at low flow rate and it translates into smoother response and part throttle transitions.

The other standpoint I have is that MAF just plain makes more sense to me. MAF systems measure precisely the amount o fair entering the engine, under any condition, and mix fuel to compensate. No inferring how much air entered the motor based on sensors and corresponding tables, you know fairly accurately how much air you've got coming in. While not a huge difference it is just one of those things to me that makes it "right". You know, when you've got two solutions to a problem and you know one is more elegant and proper, although both are satisfactory.

However, I should talk, I've got webers on mine - definitely not the pinnicle of sophistication!!!! Correct mixture, ha ha ha ha ha ......Best like the smell of fuel.

Ron

Back