CAV EVAP COIL

I NEED A EVAPORATOR COIL FOR MY CAV . I CAN NOT FIND ONE . ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED .

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
WALT

Attachments

• CEB9BF25-B181-438D-B1CC-BC8299EE7852.jpeg
    CEB9BF25-B181-438D-B1CC-BC8299EE7852.jpeg
    241.1 KB · Views: 145

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Walt,

I've been looking for a compact condenser in the aftermarket with no success. Suits the left sill box location as per the original a/c equipped GT40s and first 100 CAV GTs.

It may an Asian or African market sub compact car or industrial air conditioner part but as I said no luck so far. We've had to go with front mounted condensers on new builds. Probably works better given the heat soak in the engine compartment.

Hopefully a forum member can assist in the hunt.

Cheers
Ian

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hitting the memory cells here, but I think they used the 1989/1990 series Mazda MX5 /Miata aircon units

Probably be able to turn up a manual with sizes on line to check

Ian

Rick

Supporter
Is this the ac piece thats mounted left of the engine? If so, I have one available. I relocated mine to the front to open up space.

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Walt, Bit of brain fade there, sorry. How did you determine the evaporator is defective and if it cannot be repaired?

The Heater/AC unit was sourced from Rover I believe. First pic, just for reference, is the condenser unit on the CAV sill box. The second pic is the Heat A/C unit with dual fans. The unit itself is very close to the Vintage Air under dash universal kit unit. Can't say if the evaporator will cross over. Both the OEM Rover and the Vintage Air units have vacuum formed cases.
IMG_20200617_124339.jpg
IMG_20200720_115500.jpg

IAN,
I CHECKED EVAP COIL FOR BOTH ROVER AND LAND ROVER, NOT A MATCH FOR MY APPLICATION. I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A COMPANY IN THE UNITED STATES ,THAT WILL BUILD AEVAP COIL FOR ME.
MY UNIT IS VACUUM FORMED . IT IS 13 INCHES WIDE . MOST UNIVERSAL UNITS ARE 20 INCHES WIDE.

IAN ANDERSON

DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE MAZDA EITHER... :-( VINTAGE AIR ARE TO BIG.. MOST UNITS ARE PLUMBED ON THE RIGHT SIDE... MINE IS PLUMBED RIGHT SIDE HEAT...LEFT SIDE AIR

DIVID I WILL HAVE LOOK AT THERI PRODUCTS THANK YOU

Back