CAV fuel pump in cell

With the recent posts by Veek and others about the CAV fuel cells, I thought some members might be interested in the submerged swirlpot/surge tanks with fuel pumps and filters that I fitted into my CAV cells.

Attachments

• 50358-fuelcell.jpg
    50358-fuelcell.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 350
The flexible swirlpot with a one way gate is made out of cell material and colapses into the fuelcell. The submersible fuel pump with filter mounts into the swirl pot. The plastic fuel line makes the conection inside the cell from the top of the submerged pump to the underside of the hard line going through the cell to feed the injection.
The electrical lines go through a special fitting that is machined into one of the access plates in a location that will not foul with cross members.

Attachments

• 50359-fuelcell2.jpg
    50359-fuelcell2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 332
Gary:

ATL has a policy for liability purposes of not working on cells from other manufacturers. They understandibly refused any help or interest a number of times. In the end, they did not do any work on my cell. I did all the work and installation of their swirlpot, fuel pump, fuel filter, and fittings designed for my cell.

Do you think that got by the lawyers?

Regards,
Buzz

Gary:

The key word was 'their' in the last sentence of the first paragraph. But they (as in 'their') don't want to be talking about other manufacturers cells.

Can we change the subject?

Regards,
Buzz

Back