CAV - Getting The Horsepower To The Ground - Part VI

Two pictures to go and I will be done with Part VI.

Here is everything in final assembly. Ground clearance is 4 inches in front and 4 1/4 inches in back. Note how the new trans bracket is still a few inches higher that the belly pan of the monocoque chassis (and it clears my floor jack).

The black tube that crosses the end of the car is actually part of the rear clip hinge and is not a sway bar as it first appears even though it is mounted with polyurethane bushings. At the first opportunity the radius in the tube will be centered under the muffler and all the black parts may be re-painted silver to match the rest of the new rear suspension components.

Attachments

• CAV-ZF-Mount-20-1_2.JPG
    CAV-ZF-Mount-20-1_2.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 516
I love working on this car. As far as the rear end of the car goes, I am down to the final settings and adjustments. Tomorrow I start a four wheel alignment and set wheel base, camber, caster, and toe-in independently for each wheel relatively to the centerline of the monocoque chassis. With any luck next weekend I will drive around Phoenix from dawn to dusk trolling for Ferraris. I think it is a side effect of the silver paint.

Fuel cells and front end are next.

Attachments

• CAV-ZF-Mount-22-1_4.JPG
    CAV-ZF-Mount-22-1_4.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 519
Back