CAV stub axles

These are custom stub axles, made from 300m and properly heat treated. Basically the same as used in off road Trophy Trucks, I have been working on them for quite a while to get them right.
They look a little different but all critical dimensions are correct .
These will fit the older, pre 100 CAV's as well and you can have a proper 930 CV joint on each end of your axles, a much stronger set up then the way the car was delivered.
I can supply new axles and CV's as needed for that conversion.
$900.00

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 334
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 325
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 329
David, great job and they really look like you've spent quality time making them. I recently purchased an AUDI 01E transaxle and might be needing these to perform the conversion. Would these work on that transaxle? You mentioned the 930 just wondering.

The stub axles will work with any transaxle, and the 930 CVs are used with any trans axle. The Audi might require an adapter for the CV to attach at the transaxle, I don't recall. I did a CAV with an Audi several years ago and the transaxle came set up for the 930 CV, but that was a trans modified for the CAV specifically.
The pre 100 CAV's have a 90 mm outside joint that is from some Audi 4wheel drive and will not take the torque of even a mild V8.
Some of the newer CAV's have had an issue with stub axle failures because of incorrect heat treatment.
I have installed my axles in a CAV with a Rousch 427 (which broke the stock axles exiting his garage) and they have survived many smoky burn outs.

David,
Do you know what bearing/hub is used on the CAV? I might want a set for one of my projects, Scott

david,

Do you still have a set of heat treated stub axels for sale. I have a #176 CAV with a 650 hp motor and just twisted one off. I'm running a RBT box.

thanks,
Alan

I have sold out my current run of these axles, I have to make a run of 4 sets minimum. I have changed suppliers and the lead time is now less than 30 days.
This is one of the single best upgrades you can make for thr CAV.
Dave

Dave,
Just received your axles look great, perfect fit. Thanks for the quick shipment great doing business with you!
Alan

Back