CAV UK. Right hand gearchange and living longer!

Hi Guys.

I would appreciate some advice if possible.

We are now in the process of designing and fitting a right hand change for our cars (sill mount)

I would like to know if in your opinions, we should offer this as a default setting, or an option. Does anyone see any benefit to retaining a gearchange in the centre?

Looking forward to meeting some of you at Goodwood (18 August) and we are going to officially launch the UK car at Donnington (12-14 Sept) We are sharing a stand with Hawk Cars.

I also noticed something posted on the site the other day asking whether there are too many GT40's being produced. I think a GT40 is one of the few things that it is impossible to get too much of. Too much sex will kill you (apparently). Too much beer will also do the job. Cigarettes will do it much quicker and too much food makes you fat and miserable. Too much work ensures a lot of stress and a relatively quick shuffle off this mortal coil.
Could it therefore be that owning a GT40 is not only great fun, but could actually prolong your life? How many wives did Moses have?

Cheers,

Rick

Your so rite...We should live that long. GT 40's are alot like horse power,, alot is good..but more is better..
Can't help you with your right hand drive, but would like to see how it turns out.

Rick,

I think you may be asking the wrong people on this forum. As I understand it the U.K CAV is being sold as a complete car. Many people on this forum build their own cars and enjoy doing so, at which time they obviously customize their cars. Most are on a budget too.

I was under the impression that you were after customers who had £68,000 to spend. I might be wrong here but if you aim your cars at the wrong market by offering right hand change etc. you will end up throwing good money down the drain. I think you'll find that the people who have got £68,000 to spend would sooner have a center change with some refinement rather than "all-out" cars owned by people on this forum.

That said as an option I think it would be a good idea to offer a right hand gear change.

Regards,

J.P

Back