Classic Car Developments Chassis #3

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Another couple of days down in Invercargill helping John. All gauges, warning lights and switches wired up and operational, as are the electric water pump, speedo, wiper, and windscreen washers. Both fuel tanks now in, filler necks installed and filler caps both on.

Attachments

• Wiper sm.jpg
    Wiper sm.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 783

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Let there be light... Oh, and a radiator... and an oil cooler.

Attachments

• Lights.JPG
    Lights.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 731
  • Oil cooler.JPG
    Oil cooler.JPG
    373.5 KB · Views: 758

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Some more progress. Wiper motor on and arm sweeping a decent arc; door pulls fitted; coil and distributor on and plug leads made; dash pretty much finished, with all switches, gauges and lights functional; brake and clutch reservoirs in. (whoops - already posted the wiper photo...)

Attachments

• Wiper sm.jpg
    Wiper sm.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 653
  • Door pull.jpg
    Door pull.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 683
  • Coil.jpg
    Coil.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 636
  • Dash.jpg
    Dash.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 726
  • Reservoirs.jpg
    Reservoirs.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 666
Looks fantastic. The "Competition Blue" looks perfect.
whats going on with the hand brake? I no nothing about how the originals were done in this area. I presume the level is from an Anglia or something. What did it actuate at the wheels?

Regards Ryan

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Yes, the lever is a modified 105e Angelia item. It pulls on a lever that depresses the brake pedal. There is an exploded diagram in the parts manual showing how it works.

Brian Stewart
Supporter
After nearly 18 years of complete silence, the pile of parts has finally made some noise... The horns work!

Attachments

• Horns copy.jpg
    Horns copy.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 665

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Spent Friday getting the full system into final shape. Looking good and, even better, the SW pumps are making all the right noises. Now we just need to connect the lines to the tanks and see if there are any leaks...

Attachments

• Carbs.jpg
    Carbs.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 559
  • Pumps.jpg
    Pumps.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 589

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Running out of words here Brian.
There is truly some great work going on down there in NZ finishing your car.
Love that original FISPA set up !

Brian
I had a look at your car when I was down in Invercargill in June, really really impressed with the workmanship and skill of Dave`s team. The work on your car is top class, I was intrigued to see Colin Giltrap take delivery of his new continuation Jaguar complete with origional oil leeks.....seems to me that Dave has been building continuation Jaguars given the detail and quality of his build, Wonder what the difference in price was.
Cheers
Russell

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Thanks Russell. I suspect Colin will have paid at least twice what Dave could have done it for.

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Had a reasonably productive couple of days this week. Tracked down and fixed the leak in one of the the SW fuel pumps and the rear suspension is coming together well.

Attachments

• REar suspension.jpg
    REar suspension.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 569

Brian Stewart
Supporter
A little more progress. Rear anti-roll bar on, as is gear lever and shift linkage cover.
Anti roll.jpg
Gear lever.jpg

Attachments

• Shift cover.jpg
    Shift cover.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 696

Brian Stewart
Supporter
John's been pottering away on the steering.

Attachments

• Pinion.JPG
    Pinion.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 587
  • Rack.JPG
    Rack.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 551
Back