Clip locater spigots

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Exclusive to GT40 Austalia --these stainless steel spigots with plastic (P.O.M) bush for the precise alignment of the front and rear clips, when fitted---total extra weight 150g (4)

Attachments

• 66966-gt40cliplocaters004.jpg
    66966-gt40cliplocaters004.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 357

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Re: Clip locator spigots

Hi Craig - any clues on the best way to set the exact position of part #2 (the spigot, I assume). I guess you have to drill the clip & fit the plastic bush first, then close the clip down onto the spigot & somehow mark its position (or stick in place with blue-tack, etc) ?

I am gussing that the spigot is fixed via a bolt thru the centre, into a tapped hole in the chassis - so you only get one chance at it ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Peter, they actually come with very good instructions, even have pics.

I actually fitted the spigots(male part) first.

Then closed the clip on spigot head to mark where the hole needed to be for the plastic bush. I just made the hole large enough for head and kept enlarging it double checking clip alignment etc as I went. The hole size for bush needs to be much larger than the spigot size, so you can make sure the clip is in exactly the right position and then enlarge the holes to suit. You can actually see the head of spigot going through clip on both front & rear clips. Rear clip you look into side vents, front clip you look from under the guard.

On DRB's there is chassis tube where you need it on the front, but you need to add an L bracket to chassis for rear spigots. I decided to try using 2 screws in each side with glue etc to attach spigot to fibreglass on the rear. And then reverse mounted plastic spigot to get gap correct. Looks like it will work ok, but next time I would tap into a bracket. Just didn't want to remove the lower sills as they have been joined to the spider etc.

A lot of fiddling around, but not difficult at all.

You have to recess the base of spigot into fibreglass sill, this would be hardest part on a painted car. After you have done it, you could just touch up the edges body colour or black. I didn't damage the paint, but didn't have to worry about it as car was being painted.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter

Thanks Craig, that all makes sense now. I'll do some checking on the chassis rail positions, then pucker up for the die-grinding job to recess the spigot bases !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

No worries.

Chassis rail is further enough out at the front for front clip spigot, but not further enough out for rear spigot. Have fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'd also like to buy a set for my car if you could list some more specifics...they look very nice!

Back