Clutch line adapter fitting

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Can anyone tell me where they got an adapter fitting that mates the CAV hydraulic clutch line fitting to a -4 AN fitting?

I am using a McLeod internal TOB with -4 AN fitting.

Thanks!

I would guess Earl's would have what you need. The fitting is metric, and I am not sure of the size right off hand. I ended upgrading to different pedal setup and changing over to a solid stainless -4 line (1/4") because of the fluid volume needed on a clutch vs. brakes. Works great.

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Thanks Gary -

The fitting is an M12X1.5 female .....I have tried a lot of places with no joy. I am thinking that I have two choices -either solder on a different fitting or do what you did..

Pat

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Gary, Pat

Yup, it's one of those things, Metric to Good ol'Boy! On a previous search for such a fitting I had no luck either.

The answer seems to be a custom part, anyone upgrading from the CAV spec OEM Audi Clutch Slave Cylinder is going run into the same thing.

Since I've got two more customer cars to do with this situation, if I don't find the adaptor in the next few days, I'll make them and let you know.

Cheers

Britsh American Transfer out of Sarasota, FL has some off the wall adaptors. bat-inc.net I think is the site. A little off the beaten path, and not a well known name, but they just helped me with adapting my smiths guage to -4AN.

Back