Coilover Lifts Kits

I note that KW or KWautomotive, UK offer a lift kit for coilovers. Before I cover old ground, has anyone used KW's product on a GT40? I have AVOs and will need to check sizes, etc, but I've been looking for something for a while now.

Regards,

Lance

I looked into the KW lift kit at SEMA in 08. If I remember correctly they were in the $3500 range. Too expensive for my blood. Fran at RCR has a comparable product for much less.

Hope this helps
Rich.

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
Wow..that ram lift works well. Any idea on the costs involved?
Would be handy to have.

Check out the link above. -$1800 for the kit (two shocks only).

They are pretty slick set up albiet a bit pricey. A couple of other things about the kit:

1. You will get more nose lift than the rated actuator travel as a function of your front suspension geometry; perhaps as much as 2x.
  2. You need to check that your shocks can accomodate the overtravel; not all can.
  3. You of course need to check that you shock body diameter is small enough such that the annular actuator can fit over the body.
  4. You may (likely) need to change to shorter springs to make enough room on you shock body to accomodate the height of the actuator. On installation requiring shorter shocks, some may find this to be somewhat limiting their choice for higher spring rates.
Best,
Kelly

Back