***SOLD*** GTD40 Entertaining Offers ***SOLD***

I never thought that a person could own too many cars, but I find myself bouncing between projects too much. I have decided to put my GTD up for offers. My car was built in UK in 1990, to the best of my knowledge as a combination street/ track car. (those in UK may comment on this) it was exported in to US in 2003 and went through a couple owners. It was sent to a shop in Alabama- Impatient Creations who did some customizing as well as installing a Roush built motor. I bought the car in 2011 and have tried to put the car to some extent but not completely back to original configuration. I have considerable documentation about its history. Impatient Creations has a website showing their work on the car <impatientcreations.com> 1967 Ford GT40.
The car shows mileage as 15,548. The motor is a 331 stroked small block with the four webers, nice ceramic coated exhaust, baffled "T" oil pan, mini high torque starter, etc. I have not had it apart but I believe that the flywheel was lightened as the thing has crazy throttle response. Motor is very tight, no oil leaks at all. I am not sure how much time on the engine. I am guessing that Roush really got into this project as he put his signature on the dash and engine bay.
Tranny is Renault R30 five speed.
Suspension is fully adjustable on all four wheels with coil over Spax shocks, etc. Alcon brakes in front. Brakes have front/rear bias control in cockpit. Wheels are Vintage Wheel replicas (South African) 17X8 front, 17X10.5 rear with Nitto 01 tires. Fuel system consists of two aluminum tanks with two Carter fuel pumps, switchable left or right.
5 point harness for driver, Gurney bubble. Wide body configuration in rear. Back up camera in rear license frame.
The car came out of the paint shop a little while ago and I am still trying to get it put together. I have put new side windows in but haven't installed the vent windows. Haven't installed exterior mirrors, seems like a lot of ideas what to do there. I have the bullet style mirrors still in the box. Etc, etc.
If I get the can completely put together I am thinking offers in the 70K USD range would be reasonable. Car as is -- I am open to offers.
I will get the car out of the garage for better pics in the next couple days and will get videos of engine noise (sweet) and car driving down street...
I am certain that I am missing pertinent information. Will get more pics in on here in the AM.

Regards,
Paul

Attachments

• IMG_2691.jpg
    IMG_2691.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 2,224
  • IMG_2760.jpg
    IMG_2760.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 2,375
  • IMG_2775.jpg
    IMG_2775.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 2,254
Sorry, very important. Car is registered in my name in Washington state as "collector auto" Clear title.. The car is currently located in northern California (my winter residence).
ph

In response to a couple questions that I have had, the car is registered as a 1966 Ford GT40. GTD chassis #4020390.
The car has A/C, attached is shot of the compressor.
The brakes have servo assist, which seems to be a GTD standard install.

Attachments

• IMG_2705.jpg
    IMG_2705.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 2,167
  • IMG_2642.jpg
    IMG_2642.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 2,027
  • IMG_2655.jpg
    IMG_2655.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,983
In the interest of full disclosure, the interior does have some wear. I was considering replacing the carpets as the trim on the edges on some pieces are frayed. Note "Roush" signature.

Attachments

• IMG_2631.jpg
    IMG_2631.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,857
  • IMG_2651.jpg
    IMG_2651.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 1,844
Fuel system, exhaust, rear suspension.

Attachments

• IMG_2634.jpg
    IMG_2634.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 1,784
  • IMG_2640.jpg
    IMG_2640.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 1,683
  • IMG_2676.jpg
    IMG_2676.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,637
Yes, I believe that price is well in the ballpark. This car does not have the fit/finish of a Superformance or some of the other beautiful cars seen on this site. But it is a fraction of the money. I wonder what just the motor would cost today. I found the delivery ticket for the engine on the I.C. website.

Attachments

• IMG_2781.jpg
    IMG_2781.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 1,565
Under car: Oil pan, starter bellhousing.
I will try to get car out in the sunshine to get overall pics today.
p

Attachments

• IMG_2704.jpg
    IMG_2704.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,486
  • IMG_2713.jpg
    IMG_2713.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,588
I got car out into sunlight & got some pics.
I filmed a couple videos, but when I try to load them onto this site it says the files are too big to upload. I can send by text if anyone is interested.
ph

Attachments

• IMG_2803.jpg
    IMG_2803.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 2,319
  • IMG_2795.jpg
    IMG_2795.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 2,356
  • IMG_2792.jpg
    IMG_2792.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 2,358
Man I wish I could pick this up, I've been wanting a right hand drive, right hand shift car.

The only way I could swing it is if I sell my MK1 Mini and my Viper, and I don't think I'm ready to let them go quite yet.

Glws!

How do I get in touch with you?
Hi Steve- My cell is 360 961- 716 seven. I think you have to disguise # to avoid robo calls (?)
I was told that this car was owned by Tony Halliwell in UK. Their GTD group did a tour over to the Nurburing. They did a video that is still up on youtube titled "Ford GTD40s tearing up the Nurburing" Enjoy!

Trade you my mustang for your Gt40. I'm sure your wife doesn't want a stick shift and manual brakes though. ;)

IMG_20131110_143915_661.jpg

Sorry, very important. Car is registered in my name in Washington state as "collector auto" Clear title.. The car is currently located in northern California (my winter residence).
ph
[/QUO
I Have had a couple of inquiries concerning registration. I have extensive documentation on this cars history going back to UK. This includes UK Vehicle Registration V5 showing original date of registration on 1/10/1990. Also, I have documents for importation into the U.S.

Back