FS USA CoolEarp Driver Cooling System / Driver Cooling

Ron Earp

Admin
My daughter is wanting to raise money for a new instrument. She plays various saxophones in a few bands and made NC All-State Jazz earlier this year as a middle schooler. Her favorite instrument is a early 30s vintage sax but due to its physical design she is needing something made post-50s with a bit better key positioning, or, pay to rekey the current unit with some changes.

Anyhow, she's always been interested in the cool suit systems we build and decided to build one to sell for some extra cash. She fronted the money for the parts and this unit she largely built on her own. It is a duplicate of the unit in the LeChump Mustang and is able to run for at least four hours in 92F and maintain ice and water. The system is complete, ready to strap in and wire up. It comes with:

*Cooler
*Bilge pump mounted
*3/8" hose, 7ft, wrap insulated
*Quick connectors on the cooler and at the terminal ends for the cool shirt
*On/off switch, terminals, crimps to help wiring

It doesn't come with the shirt but those can be had for around $75. I prefer to mount them in my car by bolting them through the floor with large silicone sealed fender washers, but you can also strap it down. I helped her with some details like strain relieving wire, sealing washers, and such but it's done well. If you need a driver cooling system this will take care of business.

She's asking $130 for the system, shipped anywhere in the lower 48. Retail on a "Cool Shirt" system is over $350. I know, shameless dad selling but I won't let my daughter get on the forum with this group. Yes there is a picture of her here, and you can find out where I live and all, but don't show up unarmed.

Here are some pictures:

pose.JPG

hose.jpg

insidefittings.JPG

electrics.jpg

pump.JPG

wires.JPG

completedbox.JPG

Hey Ron,
"Cool" Father-Child project :)
If I had a car w/o AC I would pony up! But who knows, since I haven't got to charging my AC - I may yet NOT actually have AC. :(

Maybe a remote plumbed in hand held beer cooler sock as an add on??? Multi purpose funtionality for after the races.

Cheers.

Ron Earp

Admin
It's just for racing though, not for street cars without AC. But it is a good thing for her to be doing. Entrepreneurship is something she should learn and see in action.

Ron,

I like it! I've collected some of the parts to build my own, pretty much the same design. Regardless, I'd be happy to support your young capitalist/musician!

Sign me up, and let me know how you'd like to receive funds.

Back