Cracked doortop "eyebrow"

I had my car out last night on a cool clear night;about 35 degrees F.
The car ran great, but while closing a door I cracked an eyebrow. Does anyone know what is involved in replacing it. Does the weather stripping have to come off to get at the "brow"? Thanks.

Mike

pretty sure you just push the weather stripping down and unscrew the brow. I gently heated up my cars brows and turned the leading edge lip up a little, this allowed the door to close and not catch the lip. Olthoff sell some aluminum ones that are put on with double sided tape, not sure how funtional they are.

Sorry to hear it cracked :sad:

I thought I remember it being held on with rivets. Either way an easy fix once the parts are located.

Mike

The eyebrows are riveted on. Pull the door seal away, drill out the old rivets and remove the eyebrow. The new eyebrow will need drilling so if you want to raise it up you can do. As mentioned Dennis does an ally one which will probably hold the door top in place at high speed but check with Dennis. Also available are plates that fit inside to hold the door top in place at high speed. Mick Sollis at Southern GT in the UK does some nice ones in stainless steel. With these in place you could do away with the eyebrows if you wanted.

Back