Craft Performance engine knock

Status
Not open for further replies.
My idea of hard driving is maybe hour of driving. Cruising 3300 rpm, 2 or 3 burnouts and not much over 90mph with a 5speed.. Realistically nothing that should have broken an engine. Nothing being hidden here.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Chris, I agree 100% with Jac, You have only come on this board to whine about everyone involved in your cluster. As you said, you want to know who to blame. Many people have come on this thread to offer suggestions. You don't ever freely provide all the facts. It is time for you to suck it up and move on. You have to learn sooner or later , and it appears now is your turn. Move on and fix it. You have added nothing constructive to this thread just looking for someone to blame. If Randy agrees, I’ll lock this thread.

Regards Brian

Chris, I agree 100% with Jac, You have only come on this board to whine about everyone involved in your cluster. As you said, you want to know who to blame. Many people have come on this thread to offer suggestions. You don't ever freely provide all the facts. It is time for you to suck it up and move on. You have to learn sooner or later , and it appears now is your turn. Move on and fix it. You have added nothing constructive to this thread just looking for someone to blame. If Randy agrees, I’ll lock this thread.

Regards Brian
Sorry man. I don't understand lot of engine building or mechanics. I already know I'm taking a loss on this and orginal post wasn't looking for a fix. Not wining at all. Orginal topic was for me to determine what was the cause of the engine going bad. Timing or bad dyno from craft Performance

Many people are buying engine from craft Performance and many people get work done at got hot rod shop whom installed the engine that didn't check timing. I mean it's all good information to let people know craft Performance did a bad dyno and street rod plus didn't check timing. I'll post the damage on here when done with the fix if post is still available.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Chris -
You’ve received input and feedback from some of the top wrenches in the business.
At this point, I think this thread has run its course.
Go ahead and lock it up Brian - thank you for keeping this thread focused and civil.

My idea of hard driving is maybe hour of driving. Cruising 3300 rpm, 2 or 3 burnouts and not much over 90mph with a 5speed.. Realistically nothing that should have broken an engine. Nothing being hidden here.

Here's what the owner's manual for a 2021 Ford Mustang says
Your vehicle requires a break-in period. For the first 1,600 km, avoid driving at high speeds, heavy braking, aggressive shifting or using your vehicle to tow. During this time, your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics.

And for the 2018 Ford Mustang (my car)
Brakes and Clutch
Avoid heavy use of the brakes and clutch if possible for the first 100 mi (150 km) in town and for the first 1000 mi (1,500 km) on freeways.
Engine
Avoid driving too fast during the first 1000 mi (1,500 km). Vary your speed frequently and change up through the gears early. Do not labor the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back