Dashboard covering. UK

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Simon, any decent auto upholstery shop can cover the dashboard in a range of choices - there has to be several in some proximity to you. I don't know about exactly where you're located but if you do a search for auto upholstery in your area I'm sure you'll find several willing vendors for this task.

Not to get into the leather vs paint argument, but some very nicely textured sprayable products are out there which leave a seamless coating with a little "give" when squeezed. I had Rhino-lining truck bed liner shot on mine. It's about 3/16" thick and has a pleasing texture, which by the way is adjustable to some extent by the applicator. One advantage for clowns like me is that it's very easy to drill and file when mounting instruments and switches, If I had leather or fabric, it would look like it had been in a cat fight by now..

Brian

JayPSC

Deceased 5-24-07, RIP
I've found a guy in Oxfordshire that can flock the dash, it's rolled with glue then sprayed with electrostatically charged nylon fibres so they stand on end.
Looks good & I may go this way if leather proves too expensive. Worked out to be £150 delivered back to you.
Jay

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Leather? Trimmania at Finchampstead.
Eric Giddings on 0118 932 4200

Unit 8, Carlo Court, Marino Way, Finchampstead, Wokingham, Berkshire RG40 4RF

Thanks david,
They want £500+ for just the dashboard in leather. Not cheap, but then again I wouldn't want to tackle all those curves!

JayPSC

Deceased 5-24-07, RIP
Ahh sounds good, I'll give them a call & see if I can actually get a quote

--Ahh someone beat me to it, thought it'd be about that much.
There's a guy in Swindon that can do it too, I need to take my dashboard to him to get a quote.

Here's some pics of my friend's AE86 Corolla dash that's been flocked.

Attachments

• 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 465
  • 115.jpg
    115.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Simon

I believe NF / Car Build Solutions also do the flocking
They say it is also a sound deadener and I considered doing the inside of the roof etc. to help deaden the noise

Ian

Back