Diesel slc?

I was wandering if a diesel v8 would work in the slc i was thinking that the crazy high tourque would bost 0-60 times and make it haull ass out the corners despite the serious weight of the motor

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
It was a audi diesel im talking about like a 7.3 powerstroke

I work on some of these engines...
Your biggest issue will be weight. Dry it comes in at 920# without exhaust system. Getting a transmission and flywheel mated to it will be another. Then appropriate and robust gearing to work with your ~3000 RPM range..

discussed previously
Thats not the engine combo im after thats a vw and if in mot wron its a 6 cylinder im talking about a massive 7.3 v8 because

I work on some of these engines...
Your biggest issue will be weight. Dry it comes in at 920# without exhaust system. Getting a transmission and flywheel mated to it will be another. Then appropriate and robust gearing to work with your ~3000 RPM range..

Can you get graziano transaxles custom geared

Try with a real diesel engine ,in 2005 audi brought the audi q7 v12 tdi out
600bhp 1050 newton torque with 2 years warranty ! upsized v12 from the le mans
can build the a03 gearbox behind from audi ... will hold it

Yes. I have re-geared quite a few Grazianos for SLC owners.
Ron
What about potential forged tranny gears because my reasonnfor going diesel is the possibility of having 1000 foot pounds of tourque idk mich about grazianos so i have no idea if they can handle that much tourque and yes i know i wont exactly need that much but i want to have the most insane 0-60 possible

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
What about potential forged tranny gears because my reasonnfor going diesel is the possibility of having 1000 foot pounds of tourque idk mich about grazianos so i have no idea if they can handle that much tourque and yes i know i wont exactly need that much but i want to have the most insane 0-60 possible

If you want the most insane 0-60, don’t bother with ICE. Go EV. Something about 100% torque available just above zero-RPM that will stick your eyeballs to the back of your skull...

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Just a thought. If you are that new to this forget your insane 0-60, unless you have unlimited finances. Get a proven combination. R&D on something like this is the only thing that is going to be insane. Buy a 2020 Z51, and at 2.9 you will be better than 90% of the cars out there AND have a warranty. Pick your budget and work with in it.

Just my thoughts, others have their own.

Regards
Brian Kissel

If you want the ultimate in acceleration for the street, you’ll learn....
Spent all day looking into it seems like the best way to do electric for high preformance is to connect morr than one motor but is there enough space for that and a transaxle tho i here they dont need many gears

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I recently saw a Tesla motor & axle assembly that was sold to someone that’s building your dream car.
Don’t reinvent the wheel unless your dream is to come up with something even better & faster.
Go on Youtube and search “Tesla Drag Race” or “Tesla race”.

I recently saw a Tesla motor & axle assembly that was sold to someone that’s building your dream car.
Don’t reinvent the wheel unless your dream is to come up with something even better & faster.
Go on Youtube and search “Tesla Drag Race” or “Tesla race”.
After looking as far in as i can i honestly dont think ill get the track preformance i want with electric they seem to have 2 much of s limit unless i have some crazy gear ratio that can get the car to 200mph but then they have no range

Back