Divorce forces sale

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Bob,

If only I had some money......................Sorry to hear about your trouble and the fact that you must let go of something very dear to you.....I MEANT THE 40!

Rick

Bob,
I am most sorry to hear that these events are upon you. It is most important that you take care of yourself. I hope that in time, this will be behind you and that you will have another pass at a 'forty.
Brian

Really sorry to hear about the divorce. Been there (7 years ago).

Can't you work a deal and sell the car really cheap to a friend, and then buy it back after the divorce is final? If it's still in kit form, it's value is only the sum of the parts.

I would try and work some deal so you may keep it. Whatever it takes.

Bill D
Los Angeles, CA

G

Divorce forces sale of complete Roaring Forties kit. Save $10,000. Every available option including Leather stiched dash,seats and door pockets, both front hatches, 180 degree headers, pin dives, slotted rotors, Quaiffe diff, 347 with 8 barrel injection, Motec engine management system, A/C, etc....
Call 972-966-3288 or 972-317-4903 or 972-768-2980 for details or [email protected]

Bob,
This is really sad news. I'm sorry that
you are having problems. If I can do anything
to help please let me know.
I hope your car finds a good home. I know it's killing you to have to sell it after
all the care you have taken to build what
you have so far. Please stay in touch
and let us know how things go.

Hersh
frown.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Bob,

I am truely sorry to hear about your situation. If you send me some photos I will post them for you and create a link in the For Sale section. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Ron

G

Thank you all for the kind support. The car has a new owner and will be moving to South Borrough MA near Boston. I will be back in the game in no time. (hopefully)!

I share the sentiments expressed regarding Bob’s divorce. I know several people who say their divorce was akin to dying, and it can be an emotional nightmare. Bob, I hope to see you in the driver’s seat of a GT40 in the not-too-distant future. Based on my understanding of Bob’s track record with other car building and restoration projects, I know he’ll be doing something very interesting soon.

That said, I would like to announce that Bob and I have reached an agreement regarding financial terms and that I will be the new owner of Bob’s car. On one hand I feel guilty about benefiting from Bob’s misfortune, yet I am thrilled to finally own the car of my dreams, even if it is in a few thousand pieces right now. Frankly, I’m intimidated about trying to carry Bob’s dedication to quality and attention to detail through the rest of the build, but I promise to give it my best effort. Let me assure you that Bob’s car has indeed found a good home.

Thanks, Bob, and best wishes in your future endeavors, car-building and otherwise.

Regards,
Mark

No longer a wannabe

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Bob,

I for one wish you a speedy recovery, if that is the correct way to say it.

Bob is a very special customer for me in the US ; my FIRST .

While others worried if they were going to be ripped off by an Irishman living in Australia (not that endeering) he put down the deposit and waited for the car to be sent. He was a true spirit with a great deal of trust and I am greatful for that trust. I do wish him the best with everything and am sorry that I was not quick enough to buy back his car. Please Bob stay active in this forum as you have many friends here and I for one will gladly listen to your words of wisdom.

Good luck MATE

Robert

Back