DIY EV Conversion

Hello! I've created a company in Atlanta focused on bringing OEM-level integration and safety to the DIY EV conversion space. I have experience at an OEM (GM) and also a lot of interaction with the DIY car community through the Factory Five 818 kit car that I've built. It seems like the interest is there for building or converting a car to electric, but there's some significant hurdles in the way right now - it's not easy! I've seen some of the EV SLC builds, and I think these types of cars are awesome candidates for an electric drivetrain.

Obviously, we want to hear exactly what people are interested in and tailor our product to that. I've made a brief survey to gather opinions and would really appreciate any input you have (Even if you don't yet know much about EVs)! The survey is super short and should only take 1-2 min. Or even if you don't like surveys, send something on this thread!

Survey: https://bit.ly/DIY-EV-Survey

I seriously looked at that option, even spoke to Fran about it, but I had already purchased my engine, transmission and fuel system, I would have considered selling all the parts but there is just not a lot of support out there for such a project , I contacted all the major players currently available,

I seriously looked at that option, even spoke to Fran about it, but I had already purchased my engine, transmission and fuel system, I would have considered selling all the parts but there is just not a lot of support out there for such a project , I contacted all the major players currently available,

I agree completely, this is why we are hoping to address this market with a better engineered system. If you remain interested, keep an eye out on news from us and maybe we will have a product that fits your needs. You can also always contact us through our website www.ampereev.com

Back