Do RF Kits come with a VIN, or just an MSO (registration)

It looks like to register a vehicle as a replica in FL, if the kit already has a VIN #, then you don't have to go through inspection with the DMV, and the process would be pretty straightforward. If not, then I think since the car will have a new motor then it might have to meet stricter emissions laws. On the FFR site, it looks like they all have VIN #'s, but I haven't been able to find anything on that with the GT40's.

Thanks!

Most replica firms will supply you with a "chassis plate"
and/or Manufacturers Certificate of Origin.
However that's no guarantee your state will accept either.
You need to do research your state's regulations.
The Cobra and Street Rod people are everywhere...
check out local chapters of those clubs as well.

MikeD

I wish each state wasn't different...really confusing.
But then again I suppose if they all adapt a rigid set
of regulations we'd be sorry. Oh well...government...can't live with it...can't live without it (?).

MikeD

Re: Do RF Kits come with a VIN, or just an MSO (registration

I found that FL has 2 forms. One for a kit car, and one for replica cars (form TL-48). The kit form requires you to go thru the DMV to get a VIN, which is supposed to be a big deal. The replica form, from what I understand is much simpler, in that you only have to present an MSO with a VIN # for the chassis, along with a normal title application, and declaration form for sales taxes. This doesn't seem much of a big deal at all as I had heard it would be to get a car registered in FL.

Back