Does anybody know the serial no ?

Seen racing earlier this month in Greece:
[image]http://66.160.164.215/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=41&page=view&catid=33&PageNo=2&key=13&hit=1[/image]

Hellem

OK guys

Searching around I for original GT40's silver with blue stripe I found the following:

The July issue of "Sports Car Market" has an ad by Morris & Wellford in the UK: "1969/96 Ford GT40. Chassis number P1087 is the first of three Ford Motor Co. sanctioned production GT40s originally scheduled to have been built in 1967/69 but made in 1996, under approval of J.W. Automotive Engineering Ltd., and overseen by Bryan Wingfield. It was built to the same technical specification as the 1969 Le Mans cars using all essential original special parts and fitted with a highly tuned 302 cu. in. (4996cc) Ford V8 producing over 440BHP. Painted silver fox with contrasting blue stripes." No price is given. An e-mail address for Miles Morris ([email protected]) is given for information. I wonder where the tub came from: a "bitsa" from scrounged Abbey Panels pieces, Tennant, or ?? It would seem that the only likely difference between this car and other high-quality reproductions is a JWA chassis number. It will be interesting to see how the market treats this car vis-a-vis Mk V GT40s. Comments?"
See http://www.bryanwingfield.com/Forsale/GT40text.htm

Is this the car?? Thanks for your opinions.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I am currently completing some of the 10,000 1968 Fairlanes that Ford wanted to build but no-one wanted to buy in 1968. These were fully sanctioned by a company that had no idea they even BUILT something called a "GT40". These will be built with parts made in 1968 (although some, nay, most) were just made as repros in Taiwan, and were stored in a hermetically sealed jar under Carroll Shelby's front porch.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I wiil sell them for the original 1968 price adjusted for inflation around the time that Capt. Kirk first took the NCC-1701 out of space dock. And they all come with a certificate of authenticity signed by Henry Ford, Thomas Edison AND Will Shakespeare! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A GT40 was built in the 60's. while I had control of the Safir car P1116 I often said it was a "real GT40, just not an "original GT40"..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif

Just my /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif ....Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Hi Rick

Yes I agree with you on the real and original argument. This car is being raced (and beats all the others hollow!) in the classic series. Is this reasable for a car that was not build JW Automotive on behalve of Fords.
Any case other then the colour I cannot confirm that this is the car: he keeps his hood firmly shut, will have to wait for the next meeting to confirm the serial number.

Chasis plate viewed showed that it's 1087 NOT 1089.
Not that that changes much: a non JW Enginering GT40 is a replica. Non??

Back