Does anyone have DCT in their SLC?

I've been in the market for a BMW M3 for a while as my Z is getting up there in the miles. I decided to research both the 6 speed and DCT and I must say I've fallen in love with the concept of having a DCT in a track day vehicle or DD. Faster shifts, no missed shifts, ability to throw it in auto when stuck in traffic, etc.. as the title states, does anyone currently have a SLC with a DCT? If so, what are your experiences compared to that of a standard 6/5 sp manual?

We are in the process of trying to develop a stand a lone system utilizing the Porsche PDK gearbox. The main issue that we are running into here is in the electronic that run the gearbox.

No promised on a time frame, but I will update everyone as we get closer.

Erik Johnson

Erik,

Thanks for bringing me up to speed on your developments. I can't wait to see what the end product is like. Best of luck with your venture. I'm sure the track guys will love it.

Lucas

I looked into the Porsche DCT last year...its quite complex and if it ever comes to fruition expect the cost to be well over 20k ....

I was quite bummed as things looked really promising early in the process but then stumbled and stalled while trying to acquire adequate software integration co-operation....

I looked into the Porsche DCT last year...its quite complex and if it ever comes to fruition expect the cost to be well over 20k ....

I was quite bummed as things looked really promising early in the process but then stumbled and stalled while trying to acquire adequate software integration co-operation....

Fran, Though it may not be realistic, I will stay optimistic! :thumbsup:

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Fran, Though it may not be realistic, I will stay optimistic! :thumbsup:

I don't know if this question even makes sense, but would it be worth conisdering an E93 M3 engine + its DCT trans together? I understand that V-8 is good for 400+ bhp in stock form.

Engine would be tasty (and expensive), trans wouldn't work.

Well, not easily (this didn't stop Autobionics using the BMW 7sp SMG in an Ultima Can-Am).

Back