Door mounted mirros wanted

hi all,
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask for door mirrors but here goes.
I want 2 nice looking door mirros for my GTD. Manually operated is my preference. I can't see "diddly squat" out of the period " bullet " mirros fitted to the car right now.
If anyone has any mirrors for sale that mount on the door or plastic windows or any suggestion where I may buy some to fit, please feel free to email me or ring me on 07768 700240.
regards
Patrick

Partick,
PLs look at my mirrors on the GTDwebsite on owners GTD section.
They are mounted on the doors/window side and I have no problems with visibility.Also easy to install on a triangular plactic mount.
Send me an email if you need more info.
I also have (never used) bullit chromed mirrors for sale but with concave mirrors wich gives a better view.
Rgds
fred

Patrick,
First.There are some threads on the forum which deal withthis subject, use the search function.
Second. You can optimise the mirrors you have. When setting the mirrors,try the following.
Drivers side. Sit upright in the seat and bend your head over against the window(plexiglass) and set the mirror to the back edge of the rear fender.
Passenger side. Bend over to the passenger side the same amount as you did for the driver's side and set the mirror the same way.
Set the center mirror(assuming you have one) to look directly to the rear.
Now as you are driving, they will look way out of kilter.BUT, as a car comes up on your rear and moves to the other lane beside you(probably because he wants to take a look at your car), it will move from the center mirror to the side mirror without losing view of the car. It may take some fine adjusting and getting used to, but it works and is pretty much standard for setting up racing mirrors.
Now you could add a wink mirror if your view is blocked by the carb cleaner. Note: This won't help with backing up. You would need to reset your mirrors and or you would need a rear view camera.
Bill

Bill,

Thanks for pointing out the search feature.
Sadly there is not enough adjustment on the bullit mirror heads to do as you suggest, I've already tried it. To get the view that I want would entail me adjusting the actual mirror mount bases to the bodywork and this would no doubt mess up my immaculate paintwork as the mirrors have by now left an impression in the paint which would show up if I repositioned the actual mounts.
So its new door or window mounted that I want.
Many thanks for you courteous reply
regards
Patrick

Be careful on getting any mirrors that have convex lenses, sometimes called fish eye mirrors. these work kndof O K during the day. At night or early morning, they can be disasterous. You don't know where the car in the other lane is. Had those on my 85 Lotus Esprit. Tried to figure out where he was so I could move over. Tried so hard, forgot to notice the guy in front of me had already stopped. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Bill

Back