Early CAV wiring help

I have encountered wiring problems with my early CAV GT40. I need to talk with someone experienced with the early CAV wiring. During restoration the dash was disassembled, upon reassembly I am having problems with no current to fuel pumps among other things. Johann had some good diagrams, but unfortunately they did not cover the early models. I will greatly appreciate any help on this!

Geme,

What year is your CAV? Is it a mono, or earlier tube frame?

Did you get an owner's manual with your car? There is a good wiring diagram in the back of it.

Its a 2002. Mono. The owners manual doesnt cover enough. The ignition switch, and ignition relay is where I need to start. The fuel switch wiring next, and gauges are not working at this time. Johann sent me some info, but it mostly covers later models. It has helped, but I need someone with hands on experience. previous owners cobbed things up to where I need hands on. Thanks for the reply!

Pat

Supporter
Geme,
I have some hand drawn diagrams that may be useful. Look by the ignition switch and see if there is an underdash relay wired next to it. That would indicate the ignition mod had been performed. If it hasn't I'll send that as well. PM your e-mail and I'll forward them to you. What's the build number?

Steve Wood (PANAVIA)

Lifetime Supporter
cant be too hard, - post some diagrams, we would be happy to help. -- sometimes if I have a car come in that has been sammy-hagar'd - I add one of those painless fuse blocks and that way I know I am good for the circuits spawned from there. --

Steve,
Thanks for the help. People sent me some diagrams and I worked it out. This site has been quite helpfull. Just did a donation as of today.
Regards, Gene

Back