ERA gt

Its been several years since i saw the the SPF and ERA. Its a matter of personal taste. This is a good way to start a flame war over who's car is better. One thing i recall on the the SPF is the cable shifter vs Linkage on the ERA. Overall finish work on the ERA was more to my taste in areas under the tail and hood.
I first saw the SPF 40 at Lime Rock. The dealer was being a real pain in the butt. The car just didn't impress me, Again my personal taste. This was one of the first cars. This is not going to settled on the forum. You have to do you own research. I wouldn't buy any car i didn't see in person to verify it fit my personal needs. Availablity, price and whether you want a turnkey vs a kit should be tops on your list of priorities

Good luck

LLoyd

With respect to the brackets for mounting the AC and alternator on the Boss block/Cleveland Head motor, Ted at ERA fabricated up the necessary parts. ERA is able to do almost anything (within reason)... it's all just a matter of how thick your check book is.

J8im

PS: A picture of ERAGT2077 going together.

Attachments

• 01242008 186.jpg
    01242008 186.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 586
For those of you with the ERA gulf flared cars, did you also get the wider front clip? I know ERA offers this, but I don't think SPF does.

front and rears. 335/r35/17 fit real nice under the rear flares
go to the era web site there is a good picture of the wheel and tire combo. Mine is the black car with black ghost stripe on the top of page for customer cars

erareplicas.com

LLoyd

I've got the wider front as well as "1075" rear. I'm using 10" x 15" wide front wheels and 14" x 15" rears.

Jim

Attachments

• 01242008 187.jpg
    01242008 187.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 480
Johan:

Yes.

I'm hopeful that we will have it ready to take out to the GT40 reunion this summer at Road America.

Jim

Last edited:
Great !
The guys here on the forum should make every effort to attend with their cars as well. They would look great parked in the fields and watching the races is a lot of fun. It is my favorite event of the whole year.

We went out to the last GT40 reunion there ten years or so ago and had a great time. It is one of theose tracks that every true car guy (and gal) should try to get to at least once in their life. It's not too early to reserve a room...

Jim

I looked at the ERA GT40 for several years but ended up with a SPF only because I didn't need another project and wanted to drive it in my lifetime. So far I'm happy with the SPF. I think it will cost less and be much easier to get running but not necessarily better. If I'm not mistaken the ERA has a stainless steel tub which would be much better than the "original" steel tub of the SPF. It took almost a year to get my SPF but I’ve seen a few for sale at a great price if you’re not picky about color. At this point you might want to look at the RCR but I don’t know what delivery times are. Looks like a great car and they’re also in the US.

Sorry for the drift on the thread but, when is the GT 40 reunion in Road America? Is there anywhere where I can check the program for the weekend?

I would love to make it with 2231.

Thanks!

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I was at Road America last year, to watch Johans Lolas. The facility is great. I don't think there is a bad part of the circuit. My only reason for going, was to research the Lolas, and there were a lot to choose from. 2008 Lola was the featured Marque.

This is from Road Americas website.

Road America - Elkhart Lake Wisconsin - Road Racing at it's Best!

Feature Marque Announced
11/17/2008

2009 Kohler International Challenge Details

The Ford GT40 will be the feature marque at Road Americas Kohler International Challenge with Brian Redman, July 16-19, 2009.

Every year vintage car enthusiasts gather at Road America to celebrate the beauty and performance of the worlds greatest racecars. Over 1,000 entries are showcased in 10 race groups, track touring and the Concours d Elegance over the four-day event.

An annual highlight of the weekend is the Road & Track Magazine Concours d Elegance featuring a Friday night racecar convoy from the track to downtown Elkhart Lake. The cars then line the streets of the quaint
Village for judging and spectator viewing. Street licensed sports cars are featured on Saturday evening and the display is open to the public for participation. Contact the Road America administrative office for further details.

As event marque, the GT40 will be celebrated with a feature race, showcase cars, displays GT40 enthusiast activities and special guests. Watch for further details and plans for these special events and appearances on the Road America website in the months to come.

Make plans now to attend this fabulous weekend, July 16-19, 2009 at Road America.

Regards Brian

We went out to the last GT40 reunion there ten years or so ago and had a great time. It is one of theose tracks that every true car guy (and gal) should try to get to at least once in their life. It's not too early to reserve a room...

Jim
I think your memory is going away. It was 1994 and 95 that we go to Road America. I finally see pictures of 2077. I hope J-10 is finish for July, that alone would be good for me to cancel my vacations plans for that weekend. We could take a few good ERA GTs to Road America.

I was at Road America last year, to watch Johans Lolas. The facility is great. I don't think there is a bad part of the circuit. My only reason for going, was to research the Lolas, and there were a lot to choose from. 2008 Lola was the featured Marque.

This is from Road Americas website.

Road America - Elkhart Lake Wisconsin - Road Racing at it's Best!

Feature Marque Announced
11/17/2008

2009 Kohler International Challenge Details

The Ford GT40 will be the feature marque at Road Americas Kohler International Challenge with Brian Redman, July 16-19, 2009.

Every year vintage car enthusiasts gather at Road America to celebrate the beauty and performance of the worlds greatest racecars. Over 1,000 entries are showcased in 10 race groups, track touring and the Concours d Elegance over the four-day event.

An annual highlight of the weekend is the Road & Track Magazine Concours d Elegance featuring a Friday night racecar convoy from the track to downtown Elkhart Lake. The cars then line the streets of the quaint
Village for judging and spectator viewing. Street licensed sports cars are featured on Saturday evening and the display is open to the public for participation. Contact the Road America administrative office for further details.

As event marque, the GT40 will be celebrated with a feature race, showcase cars, displays GT40 enthusiast activities and special guests. Watch for further details and plans for these special events and appearances on the Road America website in the months to come.

Make plans now to attend this fabulous weekend, July 16-19, 2009 at Road America.

Regards Brian

Brian, I think you should start a new thread about this. Most of the forum members do not know what they are missing. May I cut and paste ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back