ERA vs SPF cabin room

Hey guys. Narrowing down between an early ERA chassis (1991) and a SPF car (2008). I understand the whole seat padding issue but wanted to ask if anyone can tell me what car has more interior room? I am 6’2 230. I’ve tried on the SPF for size and cannot fit without removing the seat and sitting on the floor. What are the ERAs like in comparison??

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
I am 6' and fit well for street driving in my ERA (1993 with the mounted seats), my driver seat is not completely to it's rearmost position. That said a friend of equal stature owned a CAV and he could run on track with a helmet no issues, whereas I would not be comfortable in the ERA with a helmet on for any length of time.

Appreciate the input. Can someone please send me a picture and explain how to adjust the seat. I’m not seeing anything. Also any stats on the CAV are great to know but I’m not considering that car. Strictly looking at an ERA circa early 90s. Thanks much

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Apologies I misread the thread! The early ERA seats are on sliders like any normal car seat, my handles are on the right side under the seat. The later chassis went to an oem style fixed webbing affixed to the chassis I believe. Those cars had an adjustable pedal box as a means to compensate for height differences.

OK so you cannot have a car with adjustable pedals and seat correct? It’s one or the other? The seats seem so thick on the early ERA cars. The headrest portion is huge! Seems like the foam is well over twice as thick as an SPF car. Do you know if the seat pads pull right out like the SPF or are they fixed to a frame?

Back