EVO Magazine Article

Just opened the current issue of the fantastic UK EVO Magazine (issue 105) and there is a great feature - Road & Track Car Of The Year.

Amongst the contenders, is a Hi-Tech GT40 - not familiar with this manufacturer, but boy, did they all love it. It was up against the cream of the crop, including Z06, GT3RS, Aston V8 Vantage, and it managed to come out 3rd out of 16 contenders overall. Considering the GT40 had only just been completed and they had not had time to even set it up, plus it was running on historic spec tyres AND a rev limit of 5-5500rpm, this is a truly amazing result. It really shows the pedigree and potential of these cars, especially when they utilise modern components.

I am sure the EVO site will have some video footage soon. Keep an eye out here: Homepage | evo

Keep the dream alive y'all!

Cheers
Greg

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Greg...Hi Tech is the mfg of the Superformance GT40...Believe the car tested was set up by none other than Frank Catt....Steve SPF GT40 P2125 (MK11 with 427FE)

Last edited:
Under search type "GT40". You should see a video from April 2007 of what appears to be a MKIII going around the track. It says it's an original '40. If its got center shift, I am assuming its a MKIII.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
That is the absolutley BEST GT40 video I've ever seen. My only question is what was the follow/camera car?

Thanks Greg!

Mark

Not 100% sure Mark, but I think the chase car is the Caterham R400 (Lotus 7 type 2 seater) - weighs about the same as a box of tissues and has a 2Lt 210BHP 4 pot - 0-60MPH in about 3.8sec!

It is clearly out gunned on the straight bits, but the little Caterham is absolutely awesome under brakes and through the twisties!

It would have been interesting to see the GT40 fitted with slicks or track tyres like the Porsche GT3 RS had.

EVO has the lap times at Cadwell Park (very challenging and tight circuit I'm told) as:

Supercharged Ariel Atom: 1.38.8
Caterham R400: 1.39.8
911 GT3 RS: 1.39.9 - on Cup Sport tyres
Z06: 1.40.1
GT 40: 1.45.1 (10th) - on Avon Historics and a 5,000 rpm limit!

It is a great sound track - makes me wonder why anyone would bother fitting a CD/Radio to a GT40!

Cheers
Greg

Back