Exhausts - where are they ??

Are these exhaust headers by George the same as those shown in photos of Bob Lawrences engine, in the RF40 Forum under "V-Belt Setup - SB Ford"?
Or are they supplied by Roaring Forties as part of their kit?
Any ideas?
confused.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
John, 12 huh? Well, of course you can see I'm wondering. I ordered mine well before you, but I don't think it'll be here March 12th. Although I certainly would like some sort of update, I've long given up on those estimates. George, care to comment here in public?

R

[ March 02, 2002: Message edited by: Ron Earp ]

G

Excuse my last post, I am trying to figure out how to participate on this BB.

I hope this may help some of you having trouble with GT40 exhaust.

I have GT40 exhaust available. My system was tooled from an original, un-altered Mark I system from a JW Automotive Engineering era GT40 , the chassis number of which I am not at public liberty to disclose.

My highly accurate reproduction system was then very slightly tweaked to fit the ERA GT (built by ERA Replica Automobiles in Hartford, CT). The system will fit any 289/302 cu. in. Ford V-8 with stock, Ford Motorsport, or aftertmarket cast or aluminum heads. The system will fit any ERA GT, and has also been used on Safir Mark V's, original (FAV or JW) GT40's, and GTD cars. I cannot confirm or guarantee that my system will fit any other replica or kit GT40's, it is entirley dependant on the engine mounting system used and the configuration of the chassis.

I would be happy to email photos, prices, and options information to anyone who requests. My system is currently available for immediate shipment.

Regards and Good Luck with this George guy...

JG

G

JG,

I am sure all on the forum would love to see photos of your system. Please post them!

You might want to post them in a new thread on the "For Sale or Wanted" forum rather than here on Consumer Watch.

G

Thanks for the suggestion, Lynn. I am new to BB's, if I can get this figured out I will post photos.

JG

G

Same here.

George told me Microcoat shipped mine last
Friday. Hasn't appeared yet.

MikeD

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I spoke with George a couple of days ago and he said that four systems have been sent out for the lucky guys,
If anyone receives one in the next few days please be sure and let the rest of us know,as we are still waiting!!

Ron Earp

Admin
Anything from any of the "lucky"? George emailed me indicating that "Hershals, Gordons, Bobs and Mikes left coaters last fri.". Any of you fellows get one?

R

G

Gents

I spoke with MicroCoat last night.
The do have (4) mufflers and (1) set of pipes
they are working on, but will not ship for another week or two due to backlog.

MikeD

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Well we might soon be getting a result. It is a shame that this style of bagering is what was required to keep some people honest. I too hope to see our exhaust at Gordons soon and will holler when it FINALLY get there.

Robert Logan

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I hope that after a year wait there is a set for me. Who would have thought you could order them 7 months before you car arrives and almost have the car biult before you get 1 stinkin' set of pipes. Who knew it was so difficult to do your job. Hey, on the other hand I may still get the car done before I get my pipes. For the 18th time (if I can count correctly)my pipes should have shipped. SOULD HAVE being key here. Oh well just another satisfied customer.
wink.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
WAIT A MINUTE! Four mufflers and one set of pipes ain't going to cover it. We know that:

<EDITED>
Bob is waiting on mufflers
Hershal is waiting on mufflers
RF/Gordon waiting on mufflers and pipes
John is waiting on mufflers and pipes
Fran is waiting on mufflers and pipes
Ron is waiting on mufflers and pipes

And Lord knows who else. Looks like there aren't enough to go around.

R

[ March 31, 2002: Message edited by: Ron Earp - Administrator ]

I think we can stop posting on this topic. With as much smoke that George has blown up our buts we can just send smoke signals!
mad.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
No, it really isn't. I have a lot of mandrel bends I'm welding up into a motorbike exhaust header and it isn't that bad. I think if I got a lot of bends in stock and took my time I could make a set for a GT40 in 15-20 hours, first time out. It'd be ugly but workable. After I'd made 10-20 of them I'd think I'd have it down to 3-4 hours with jigs and they might not be so ugly.

But that isn't the point.

The point is that a lot of people ordered GT40 exhausts from an indivdual and to date they've not been delivered. Most are over one year for the wait. A lot of money and trust was placed in someone and they have not delivered as advertised.

Ron

[ April 06, 2002: Message edited by: Ron Earp - Administrator ]

I should stay out of this but watching this thread has been driving me nuts watching you guys bitch about not getting your headers yet. Why don’t you just sue the guy and either get your money back or light a fire under his ass. I would have gone ballistic by now. Pardon my language.

IMSA
Terry Teadtke
confused.gif

Terry,

The words "class action suit" certainly come

to my mind.

There are enough guys in this bind to share

the expense of an attorney. Perhaps a

threatening letter from one would elicit

a positive move on George's part.

I think you guys are wasting your time

trying to call George. Take legal action,

and get something accomplished!

Bill

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
You guys have gotten the royal ream from George. You all ought to sue him, not only for the headers, but for all the efforts you've made to collect your items from him and all of your time he's wasted. You would be better off with your money back and going to someone else, even counting the time lost.
Since these sales occurred in several states, you probably have good grounds for a Federal charge of mail fraud, which is pretty serious, in addition to all the individual suits for goods not provided, or breach of contract or whatever it's called. Sue his butt. He deserves it. Stop being nice guys and stop letting him jerk you around. You all deserve better.

Back