External Slave Cylinder

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Paul Whitlock is in the process of installing a new engine for me. While we're making that change, Paul suggested that we replace the internal slave cylinder in my ZF transmission with the original type shaft and fork throw out bearing assembly with external slave cylinder. Pictures of the external parts that Paul will install are shown below. The new set-up will make it much easier to service the slave cylinder in the future.

I appreciate Paul's attention to detail and making continued improvements to my car.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
It’s nice to have someone you can trust, working on your car isn’t it. There are so many shady places out there, it makes you want to do everything yourself. But life gets in the way and you have to find someone like Paul. Congrats .

Regards Brian

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Paul has built a great reputation among GT40 owners. A great resource for anyone looking to improve their GT40, Daytona or Cobra. A Ford guy all the way.

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
I've had a few people reach out to me on where to source parts for the external slave cylinder. If you'd like to know more about the parts or process for the upgrade, you can contact Paul Whitlock at [email protected]

Steve

Supporter
I am going to purchase these parts for the eventual....
With a dry sump, there's an impressive amount of disassembly necessary to change this out. When the internal slave craps out, I'm only going to do this once.

Back