Face book

Face Book is one of the primary leaders in the "social networking" revolution currently in motion. Like it or not, social networking communication now exceeds email-based communication and likely will exceed other forms of communication before long as well. Old farts (like most gents on this forum) are the last hold outs to not being involved with social media.

Some stats for you:

1. the average Face Book user spends 2.25 hours on it every day,
2. the average age of Face Book users is increasing by about six months every month.
3. the age demographics of Face Book users falls somewhat like a bell-curve between roughly the ages of 12 and 48 with some outliers outside of that range.

Email will be a dinosaur in 5 years.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Along with Fax, email is now accepted for legal purposes ie serving papers, writs and so on. How long will it be before facebook has a similar use or is it not a suitable medium? I've done away with and consigned my fax to the dustbin now as it was only churning out nonsense sex faxes sent in the middle of the night, and I could count on one hand the number of useful company messages it received - all of which could have been sent as email attachments. Although the fax is in decline, I think email will be around for quite a few years yet - certainly more than five. Anyway - I might have forgotten everything by then anyway.........

Last edited:

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
Yup - I am on Facebook - mainly to trace and keep in contact with my family (I am heavily in to Genealogy). Like all things on the interweb thingy it is as good or dangerous as you want (or allow it) to be. Its just another tool to be used or abused, depending on your viewpoint.
I wonder if hundreds of years ago writing was considered to be a method of undermining power and authority. It wasnt too long ago that education for the masses was considered to be a short cut to anarchy and the end of the established order.

I think I'm the youngest GT40 owner on here, so that qualifies me for facebook. It's just a useful way of being really unuseful! Just like GT40s.com !

Damn you Troy, thought i was the youngest GT40 owner on here at 36 :thumbsup: Well done you for getting it so early in your life. I too am on Facebook, i don't really use it that much though, just to catch up with people i haven't seen for years. It's a really good way of wasting time though............

Jas

Back