Fan and Water Pump Controller

I'm having trouble with the Davis Craig Digital Controllers. The first one was bad straight of the box and was replaced with no hassle. Now I've done 1800 miles and the second one is on the blink and won't function. Caused me an issue at the weekend and I had to be recovered.

Is there an alternative controller that others have used? I don't have an ECU and I don't really want to re wire too much stuff but I have no faith in these DC controllers now.

And yes, I've checked all my wiring, fuses and changed the fan relay, it still doesn't work! Controller boots and then goes blank.

I bought the Tiny CWA from Tecomotive. I have not installed it yet, so can’t speak to how well it works.

Thanks for that. That's an option for sure. maybe I should switch the whole system for a Pierburg 400 and Tiny controller

Randy Folsom

Supporter
Thanks for that. That's an option for sure. maybe I should switch the whole system for a Pierburg 400 and Tiny controller
I am going with the Pierburg 400 as well. I saw a YouTube that compared the CD to the PB and the PB won. The DC flow rates are measured with no pressure whereas the PB includes pressure in their measurement. I plan to tuck the pump inside the sponson under the four link mount.
image.jpg

Howard Jones

Supporter
Chris, Where is the controller located? In the engine room or in the cockpit? I suspect they won't like engine room heat. Mine is mounted in the cockpit. No AC and I run the car in Texas summers as a track car. It has a few thousand miles on it (all track miles) and no problems.

By the way, the pump will run at constant speed if you simply connect it to 12v. I have a jumper made up so I can disconnect the pump plug from the controller and plug it into a constant 12V source as an emergency backup.

The plan for controller failure is to unplug the controller from the loom, disconnect the pump with its plug at the pump, and then plug the pump into the jumper cable that is connected to the 12v system.

Back