Fast five...

Who's seen it? What did you think?

I saw it on Friday at an Imax theater. Completely preposterous and stupidly brilliant. I loved it and so did my wife oddly enough. She is not into these types of movies at all. She is more into classics and foreign films with substance and subtiles.:thumbsdown: I can't wait for the Blue Ray.

Fran's cars were center stage and looked fantastic! Congrats RCR!

I was very disapointed ! With all the build-up about the GT40 being in this movie, it got very little stage time. Poor close up shots in the warehouse. Very little driving/running time. Not a keeper. "Can" wait for it to come out, as I don't plan to buy it. At least it didn't degrade the marque. My own car has 90% same features, same color,wheels,stripes,wide rear body etc. My friends asked me what I thought of the movie? I told them to just come over to my garage and give me the movie ticket $$, we can sit and B.S. and I'll provide the beer! We can even start and run it for more time it was on film in the movie! Rides optional.......................

It was exactly what I wanted it to be. Lots of outlandish action, good one liners (although not as good as the first), great looking cars (Congrats RCR!), and all of the characters we've come to enjoy.

Was it oscar worthy and tear jerking? Goodness no. Was it a FatF movie? Most definitely.

Big step up from #4.

Ya, good action, they must have wrecked 100 cars in that movie including a few GT40's. The last chase scene was a little hard to believe but had some great head on collisions. They tripled the budget of previous FF movies.

it was entertaining...the big budget chase at the end was a bit lame though. It was fun to look at and all, but two cars pulling a massive anchor and going exactly where they want with it.....someone needs a physics lesson...but the part where he uses the safes inertia to throw his car into the "bad guy's"...awesome! Impossible...but awesome!

...but the part where he uses the safes inertia to throw his car into the "bad guy's"...awesome! Impossible...but awesome!

Yeah, the one time the movement of the safe actually impeded the forward motion of the car in the whole chase scene. It was so ridiculous, but I loved it anyway.

It was never boring for more than a minute or 2. Always something going fast, blowing up. getting punched in the mouth, or looking pretty on the screen. Just how all movies should be edited. :thumbsup:

Pat

Supporter
It was a fun movie and the GT40 certainly got a lot more air time than the Grand Sport Corvette that flew off the cliff. I also liked how the federal agent discovered the "secret stash" by the obvious inaccuracy of a sound system in a GT40.
Every teenage boy in the country is going to go see it with his buddies. I bet it makes a lot of money. Cars, chases, crashes, girls, bikinis, automatic weapons, bad guys getting it in the end... what's not to like?

I saw the film and thought it was a bit disappointing. Not that I was expecting an Oscar worthy plot line and acting, but I watched the previous films because they immersed me into some different variant of car culture. . . Tuner, drifter, etc. The producers have admitted that they are moving the franchise away from that and towards a genre that will appeal to a broader audience. . . Heist films. No problem, but there are many of those that are done much better.

My biggest takeaway from this film. . . The Rock's been hittin' the gym!

Not bad, but more of a rental than worth the price of the theater ticket.

The gt40, pantera, and corvette were great. Just would have liked to see more of them.

saw the movie yesterday. Honestly only to see the gt40 by fran.
I liked it.Is surely not an oscar movie, but was 2 hours of fun and incredible car chases and crashes.

The new chargers are too nice. Do u really use theme as police car there in usa? :D

waiting for the 6th episode then..

107 minutes of car wrecking and gratuitous violence to let you know if your heart is still working. Still fun though.

Saw it this weekend , and I liked it ! Family did too !
But I'm easily amused any way .
I did really want to see more action with the GT40 and GS .
Had a day of automotive fun , the movie and Monsters on the beach .
Fun weekend with the family , and the first camping trip of the year .

I think Oscars are not out of the question for Fran. I've been nominated for best plexiglass pieces in a rediculous movie. It was fun and cool to see RCR bits like the terrific header set, but I'm glad our theater only charges $5 on week nights.

I'm just wondering if the car was damaged when it came off that goofy looking car carrier during the train scene - looks like it was a pretty good drop onto the ground at speed.

On the other hand, probably just some good Hollywood CGI......

The "Rock" has been doing a lot more than "hitting the gym!" Can you say STEROIDS!! ;o) Congrats to you Fran, Scott

Would it be okay with you, Fran, if one or more of your cars was actually used in an Oscar-winnning film? And not just a technical win either, but "Best Actor/Actress/Director/Film" type Oscar?

Dusty

GT40s Supporter
I was happy to see some "big cube" muscle cars for once. Instead of the usual rice burners. The past four always made Subari STIs look like Pagani Zonda killers. Though they did use some GT-Rs. But I'll allow that. Nissan's top dawg is a bit more respectable than a Mitsu Eclipse.

Back