Fat Larry's GTR Build

Good evening everyone so as you know I have been waiting for my GTR to be completed by RCR well today she arrived at my door, I would like to give a big thank you to Kristin, Vicki, and yes Fran as well for coming thru. The girls on the front line hear nothing but anal folks like me everyday asking when will the car be done so they defentaly need a big Thank you. I enclosed some pics and yes the Ecoboost motor looks small sitting in the engine bay but by the time I get done with all of the twin turbo piping it will be tight. I will try and keep the forum posted on my progress but I still have a few minor things to take car of in the new garage so give me a little.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    385.4 KB · Views: 1,657
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 1,740
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,763
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 1,898
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 1,884

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
This will be a cool build....
Doesn’t look like the Raptor EB, but suspect it will work just fine!
What turbochargers will you be running?

Ted yes the adapter plate is on it's way along with the Graz Trans I will be working with Revolution Automotive out of Maryland to try and pull 550 hp out of this motor they seem to be one of the premier tuners of the Ecoboost that should be more than enough to get me where I need to go I want this car to be a fun driver also I'm calling it the working mans GT 40

So what is actual weight of that setup? From Tb to turbos? Should give awesome weight bias with the right transaxle choice.

Ok first weekend with the car and did an inventory and happy to say all of the parts were accounted for just waiting for trans and half shafts now just set a game plan to attack the build

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    393.3 KB · Views: 1,689
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    366.6 KB · Views: 1,575
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    415.7 KB · Views: 1,530
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    476.3 KB · Views: 1,672
Ok so after much consideration and talking with Revolution Auto in Maryland the premier tuners for Ecoboost motors I am trading my current engine in for another with all of the plumb
ing and turbos attached it will make the transplant much easier another 2017 Gen 2 with very low miles

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 1,432
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    347.6 KB · Views: 1,442
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 1,451

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The Gen 2 is a much better engine. The test bed was the Ford GT!

Alan yes I did land a stand alone system for a manual transmission my only question is can I get it to work with the Gen 2 motor we will see if anyone knows of anybody who has gone thru this swap I would appreciate the help

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The Gen2 has a second set of fuel injectors. I have no real knowledge of the injector timing, but I suspect that the injectors in the intake tract would fire well in advance of the direct injectors...

Randy thanks I have a lot to learn on this implant my last transplant was an LS motor in a 34 Chevy Sedan which was basically a four wire hook up and you were done

Back