FAV Pale Green color match

I am working on a replica of P1006 as run at LeMans in 1965. I would like to find a color match. What color is that pale green. Below are a few images of the color - one on P1006 the other on GT111

Attachments

• P1006_LeMans_65.jpg
    P1006_LeMans_65.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 1,271
  • GT111_TargaFlorio_65P1.jpg
    GT111_TargaFlorio_65P1.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 527
Great! By looking at the Anglia color chart on the internet, I had narrowed it down to either linden green or lichen green. Thanks for the information. I'll post am image of my car when complete. It might take a few months

When I was repainting my car, due to an accident that fractured the rear fenders several years ago, I sought out the paint codes for Linden Green and was highly disappointed. Glescoe "wouldn't" give me the codes and the Anglia Ford group in England wouldn't/couldn't supply me with the paint as they can't air ship hazardous material(even a sample?) I managed to get one of only two chip sheets for the 1961 Ford Anglia off of Ebay.
The color looked very dark, but I credited it with the age of the sheet and the fact that it was a sample sheet and may have oxidized over the years. In any event, I took it up to my local auto paint suppler. They had an old black fellow doing all of their mixing for many years, and he never used a computer. All by eye.
During this time Andrew at GT 40 Gold Parts contacted me and said that he had access to an original 40 that he was hoping to do some restoration work on, and was visiting the owner the following weekend at Lemans week, and would try and supply a sample from which I could work from.
My paint mixer made up a batch and let me know it was ready. Went up to get it and it looked too dark to me. He assured me that when I sprayed it the color would lighten up. So took it home and sprayed one fender with it. When dried I took it out into the sunlight and was very impressed with the color. About this time Andrew's sample arrived and it was a perfect match to the paint I had.
If you are interested in getting some of my left over paint, I have it sitting in the basement waiting to be used. If you would like a pint or so let me know. Could box it up and get it to you, or could get a sample on white paper to you. your choice. Send me an email with the mailing details.
[email protected]

Bill
Feb. 2016 C & O.jpg

Dwight

RCR GT 40 Gulf Livery 347 Eight Stack injection
You could call David Brown a painter in N.C. that paints a lot of GT 40. He helped me with Gulf paint codes. Great guy and easy to talk to.

Dwight

Dwight

RCR GT 40 Gulf Livery 347 Eight Stack injection
Bill the body shop have spray out card that they use to check color match. I'm sure any automotive paint supply store sells them. They are a primed paper card with dark marks to make sure you have enough color on the card. Great invention. I hope somebody made a lot of money of it.

We did 7 or 10 spray out to get my colors the way I wanted.

Dwight

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
I am working on a replica of P1006 as run at LeMans in 1965. I would like to find a color match. What color is that pale green. Below are a few images of the color - one on P1006 the other on GT111
Richard,
The original paint was a nitro based ratio but give one of these PPG formulae a try.
image.jpg

Back