First GT40 gathering Dallas/Texas

Let me propose our first meeting date and place. October 17 was mentioned so I have made arrangements with the owner of Norwood Auto Italia for us to meet at his shop near Redbird Airport. Randy's original GT40 P1083 is in the lobby there. We could spend some time in the shop to see P1083 and then go outside in the parking lot to view our GT40s and visit.

There are numerous high-end cars there and I suspect we can get a walk through to see the cars being worked on or racecars that are being stored. Impressive!

Let's meet at 10 am on Saturday the 17th at Norwood Auto Italia, 3219 Commander Drive, Carrollton, TX. Attached is the map.

-Bob Woods
817 996 0707 cell

Attachments

• Norwood Auto Italia.jpg
    Norwood Auto Italia.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 261
Hello Gents,
Just now getting to the thread. I am in Frisco as well. I have swapped some PMs with a couple of you guys.
I am in for Oct. 17th barring any objections from the Minister of Family Happiness(a.k.a my wife). There is a Bone Daddy's on the tollway in Plano that could work. The parking lot is pretty big too, so that is a plus.
Robert

Mark, Awesome cars and would love to see that GT40. Are you good with driving it to Grapevine as we could plan our lunch at Bone Daddy's or Flips at 114 and William Tate?

Luncheon works for me.

Whatever the gang decides to do - I'll be there. Sorry Dr. Bob, squawk in the parking lot and then go to lunch to talk some more to the boys sounds to me more interesting than touring a Shop (if it's not one of our garages).

Let me propose our first meeting date and place. October 17 was mentioned so I have made arrangements with the owner of Norwood Auto Italia for us to meet at his shop near Redbird Airport. Randy's original GT40 P1083 is in the lobby there. We could spend some time in the shop to see P1083 and then go outside in the parking lot to view our GT40s and visit.

There are numerous high-end cars there and I suspect we can get a walk through to see the cars being worked on or racecars that are being stored. Impressive!

Let's meet at 10 am on Saturday the 17th at Norwood Auto Italia, 3219 Commander Drive, Carrollton, TX. Attached is the map.

-Bob Woods
817 996 0707 cell

That sounds good Bob. Norwood Auto Italia is a block south of the new SPF dealer we are going to this Saturday. There are some restaurants just south of their on Beltline in Addison.......

-Bob Woods
817 996 0707 cell

I'm pretty sure thats not near Redbird Airport ;)
(I wish it was though...)

Bob Worley,

Yes, yes, it is Addison Airport, not Redbird. I'm a pilot and I should know better...

Pete,

I thought the feature of this was to see an original GT40, not necessarily to get a tour of a shop. The other thing that I want to do is sit an a parking lot and look at our GT40s. We could do that at Norwood's parking lot as easily as a restaurant parking lot. Further, it might not create such a spectator attraction there as it would in a restaurant parking lot. I'm not so concerned about eating as looking at the cars and talking.

We have it scheduled with Norwood's. Let me know if we want to change the meeting location for this first meeting.

-Bob Woods

Bob,

We discussed at the Cobra lunch at the new Superformance dealer Saturday and we are good at meeting at Norwood at 10 am to see the original GT40 and then look at the GT40s that attend in the parking lot. We are thinking about doing a lunch somewhere after that for anyone that wants to attend TBD. I know SCAT (Shelby Club Association Texas) is meeting at the Brickhouse in Plano so that might be an option. I'd also be open to go back up to Bone Daddy's in Plano as suggested earlier in the thread.

By the way, talking to the Superformance dealer Saturday they have already sold 3 SPF GT40 rollers. One is delivered already to someone in Frisco, the second is on order about 8 months out and the 3rd is also on order although he said the guy may cancel that order and take a roller they can get from Hillbank out in Ca. They would also like to hold an open house for the GT40 owners sometime, so maybe we could do something there in the Spring when some of the other cars are finished. They currently do not have a SPF GT40 roller just one finished Daytona Coupe and about 4 Cobra rollers but plan to get one in the near future.

Gary,

Great. I hope everybody else shows up.

Pete,

Can we go to your shop next?

I am working on a visit to see Sam Pack's original GT40 P1092. Anyone interested in that or do we want to stick to our cars?

I've got my car being disassembled now for paint. It should be back together in December or January if the group wants to come here.

-Bob Woods

Gary,

Great. I hope everybody else shows up.

Pete,

Can we go to your shop next?

I am working on a visit to see Sam Pack's original GT40 P1092. Anyone interested in that or do we want to stick to our cars?

I've got my car being disassembled now for paint. It should be back together in December or January if the group wants to come here.

-Bob Woods

Several of us have seen Sam's Collection numerous times including his 427 and 289 Dragon Snake Cobras and of course the GT40. This GT 40 is P1096 and is a continuation vehicle that was built with all the original tooling in late 70s or early 80s. Still a cool car!

1967 Ford GT 40 MK V Continuation Coupe

If the group wants to go see Sam's collection sometime I can set that up. It is also open the first Saturday in May when Sam has the big Spring Car Show.....

Gents,

Unfortunately, I can not longer make it this weekend. My oldest daughter now has a softball tourney and I will happily be performing Dad duty.

Please keep me in the loop on further get togethers though. I still want to meet everyone.

Thanks
Robert

Well with Robert and Darrin out it looks like we have 8 people coming with just Sammy's & my GT40 plus two Cobras. Bob do you know if Joe Fernandez is coming with his GTD GT40 from Ft Worth?

1. Pete Fristsche
2. Gary Sharapata
3. Sam Watson
3. Bob Woods
4. John Ross
5. John
6. D. Nye
7. Mark from Keller

Last edited:
Hey Pete you need seat belts at all? I got some brand new Willans Supersports 4x4 Westfield with 2" Shoulder and Lap. Guy I bought my car from never put them in and I had Dennis Othloff put in Simpson belts.

If anyone is interested in lunch after we meet at Norwood at 10am, I'm going to the Brickhouse in Plano, as the Shelby Club of Texas is meeting there for lunch. They will probably be eating by time I get there so if anyone else is interested we could get our own tables. Nice Patio for those that have not been there that over looks the parking lot.

Brickhouse
4900 W. Park
Plano, Texas

Just east of Preston and Park about a block on the right (south side).

Back