Fitment Issues

My Jongbloed rear wheels do not fit on the Vintage Wheels adapters. There appears to be a slight mismatch in the holes. What would happen if I tried to open them up with a small grinder to make them fit?

Bill D

OK....Ryan at Jongbloed wants me to check and see dimensionally where the wheels are off ..he still has the complete hub assembly and adapter that I sent for trial fit....
He was very apologetic but that is no excuse for multiple mistakes on $3000 wheels......I will let you all know the outcome to save anyone else having to put up with this kind of situation....live and learn I guess

From what I can see, they were drilled to a different pattern (PCD) that that of the adapters.

I will ship the centers back to you tomorrow.

BD

John B

Temp Selling Pass
What the Jongbloed is going on around here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif Fran, I imagine as the cars perstist on the build you will have to put on the troublshooting hat more and more. Are you sure it was jongbloes problem?
HMMMMMMMMMMM "Houston whe have a problem" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bash.gif
Oliver

Oliver-
Yes it was Jongbloed's fault. Fran gave them an adapter to verify fit. Apaprently, they didn't bother to verify

Ollie....behave or the exhaust system we are building for you will be blowing CO back into your cockpit..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flamer.gif
I sent Jongbloed a hub to check fit prior to shipping...he obviously forgot....HHHMMM

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Billy your spelling is as good as mine... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif I was just /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gifing fun at Fran.
Just use the small guns of muscle you have and force it on.

Oliver

oh shit...Ok fran YOUUUR THHHHEEEE BEEESTT..i NEVER SEEN SUCH A GOOD CAR MAKER IN MY LIFE. I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW THE OTHERS CAN COMPAIR TO YOUR WORK.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned.gif xxxooxoxox HOW THAT!

OLIVER

MY HEADERS ARE FREE NOW...RIGHT?

oLIVER oLIVER

When we meet at Carlisle please allow me enough time to put on my long fishing waders...as I am sure its going to get deep... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/zzzzz.gif

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Oliver, Why do you feel the need to reply to almost every post? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Your replys are generally meritless and appear only to stir up trouble. Your reply above was not helpful or constructive. Bill advised that the pattern drilled for the drive pins was incorrect. Fran advised that he sent Jongbloed a hub to measure from. Appears to me that is was Jongbloeds mistake. I did not abdicate your removal the first time, but it appears that you are reverting back to your old ways. You are a perfect example that you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Ron, it may be time to re-think your decision to let the prodigal son return.

Edit: It appears that slow typing has put me back three places.

OLIVER is a post whore. He's trying to run up his post count higher than Ron's so he can show us all that he knows more about GT40s than anyone else in the world! There was too much signal and not enough noise in this forum anyway. We've exchanged a Hershal for an OLIVER! OLIVER is bringing teh tech! He's keepin' it real! Welcome to the new gt40s.com, baby!

attentionwhore-1930.jpg

EDIT - so as not to derail this thread, I'll re-post this in General Discussion where it really belongs. Bill, I hope you get those wheels worked out. I'd be interested to know what they weigh.

Gregg-
I don't mind Oliver. His posts are more amusing than threatening.

Oliver-
Be a good boy.

Now, back to our program...
The holes are off by a few thousandths. Even after taking 4 of the 5 pins off, it still wouldn't go on. They can be reworked. Its a minor setback, thats all.

Bill D

Back