Fitting A/C unit

Marcus

Supporter
Hi there fellow GT40ers,
Does anyone know of an outfit around the London Herts Essex Buck's area with experience of fitting an A/C unit...?? Help badly needed to sort a retro fit... Thanks in advance for any responses...:)

Hello,
This is the company I use, & have also done work on some of my colleagues vehicles. We've all been very happy with the service & advice we've received. Last time I was there they were sorting out the air con on an Ultima, they can build you a refridgerated van, anything air con or related diagnostics is right up their street !
I realise their location might be too far away for you though.
Regards Steve.

Into Cool
Unit 1, Sand Island Centre, Burnham Business Park, Springfield Road, Burnham on Crouch, Essex, CM0 8TE
Tel: 01621 786519
[email protected]

Marcus

Supporter
Thanks for this Steve..... When you say worked on your car was that a retro fit to a GT40...?... Essex not miles away so might be worth putting in a call... It's wanting to find the right guys who are trustworthy snd have specific GT install experience...
Anyway thanks and a very Happy New Year...

Hi Marcus,
No it wasn't a GT40. (Fiesta ST & Ka) I still haven't reached the dizzy heights of GT ownership yet........
It's a small family company so perhaps you would like to email or phone them with your initial thoughts / questions ?
( You'll find Chris can talk all day about air conditioning ! )
Happy new year to you, Regards Steve.

Marcus

Supporter
Really kind of you to respond Steve...
It's good to have options and worth a chat.
Best for a good 2019.
Marcus

I can add a little to this. I have a GTD which had a low spec a/c unit installed. Useless, it was! So I designed an upgrade for it, and obtained additional parts (condensers, hoses, unions) from FenAir at Kings Lyne, and had the whole thing recharged with a local compny in Scotland, where I live. Be careful about the refrigerant. If yours is a new build, then R134 is OK. But if you are doing a rebuild on a system that had R12, beware. The refrigerant oils used with these two gases are quite different, and are NOT (repeat NOT) mixable, despite what some refrigerant engineers might say. Something one gets used to with a GT40 is that distance ceases to be an issue, you just have to go where the parts or services are.
Stay cool (says he, -5 outside today!)
Peter

Marcus

Supporter
Hi Peter, points well made for sure... managed to sort fitting the A/C with help from friends.... Actually not too difficult when you actually get too it although involved dismantling a fair amount of the car. ..!!!... I would advise anyone installing to ensure they buy the most compact Sandon compressor out there as even then it's a tight squeeze. ..!!! Thanks for all the comments....
Cheers Marcus

Back