Fittings for 600 -4 hose to 1/4" hard tube?

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
I am struggling to find a fitting to join this 600 -4 hose to this hard 1/4" tube. Clearly needs a -4 hose end fitting to -4 compression but searched a while snd not found anything. Any help appreciated
Dave
2019-10-20-16-12-38-jpg.101646

Attachments

• 2019-10-20 16.12.38.jpg
    2019-10-20 16.12.38.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 690

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
The best solution I can think of is to slide a tube nut and sleeve over the tube, then flare the tube so that you can use a typical AN hose end:

Aside from that, and not as good, is to use a 1/4" Ferrule fitting-flare fitting, and then use a typical -4 hose end? For example:

Last edited:

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Hi Terry, thanks, the X174 is exactly what I was looking for but couldn't seem to find. I will look for a uk supplier.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Be sure to support the hose sufficiently enough to eliminate vibration or movement for the benefit of the compressed ferrule.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Terry, I misinterpreted the X174, and understand now that your first solution was the right one as you already said. So ordered that instead.
Dave

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
At the same time as installing the fittings, I decided to mount the header tank properly which required cutting away the rear clip as shown. That was a trial and error job as there is no way to measure accurately. I had to get a compression fitting in the end as the stub was too short to use the flaring tool. Thanks for all your advice Terry, much appreciated.

Attachments

• 2019-11-03 09.17.46.jpg
    2019-11-03 09.17.46.jpg
    838.1 KB · Views: 237
  • 2019-11-03 09.19.17.jpg
    2019-11-03 09.19.17.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 266

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Hi Shaun, mine came from decipher tuning ltd, I got others from Viper performance, hose fittings uk, and torques uk. Ebay is a good place to search, as none of them stock everything. Make sure you know whether you are getting a flare fitting or a compression fitting, and if it is a flare fitting that your tool has space to go on to the pipe end. The link you showed is a flare fitting I believe.
Scott, thanks, a compression fitting did the job, but if I have any problems with it, I agree that welding would be a good solution.
Dave

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Shaun, I have mostly jubilee clips with hose finishers, or without on the larger hoses, but yes I do like the look of the hose clamps, far tidier than jubilee. I guess that you need to check diameters more carefully, but undoubtedly superior.

Back