Ford GT At Laguna Seca

Saw this car this past weekend at Laguna Seca Sports Car Championships. Ended up in the middle of the pack after 4 hours of racing. Had a strange sponsor sticker on it.

Attachments

• Laguna Seca 009.1.jpg
    Laguna Seca 009.1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 513
  • Laguna Seca 011.1.jpg
    Laguna Seca 011.1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 422
  • Laguna Seca 027.1.jpg
    Laguna Seca 027.1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 405
a couple of pics coming down the corkscrew in traffic.

Attachments

• Laguna Seca 023.jpg
    Laguna Seca 023.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 332
  • Laguna Seca 020.jpg
    Laguna Seca 020.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 340
caught it on speed making a nice recovery after going wide heading toward the corkscrew!

The corkscrew is a hard turn to run w/o practice because you enter it after a short, uphill straight along a ridge top. You can see the road go left as it comes off the ridge, but there are no visual cues for how quickly the road turns back to the right during its fairly steep descent.

Great Race!!! Enjoyed the Ford GT - got a close look at it in the paddock and on the grid - hope to see more of these in the future.

I've seen them 2 yrs in a row up here at Mosport, husband and wife team I believe. They are usaully middle of the pack but great to see the GT out there.
Cheers Ray

The corkscrew is a hard turn to run w/o practice because you enter it after a short, uphill straight along a ridge top. You can see the road go left as it comes off the ridge, but there are no visual cues for how quickly the road turns back to the right during its fairly steep descent.

It could be the greatest road course feature in the entire world, though. It's absolutely breathtaking every lap if you're at the limit. It was fun racing it in MX-5 Cup, because those cars have enough suspension travel to take it pretty insanely fast...spectators said we were faster than DP cars, even. I don't know that we didn't just LOOK faster, but it wouldn't surprise me if we were actually faster, too. Plus we were much more willing to go through there side-by-side (often dropping wheels in the dirt in a big way!).

Fun fun fun place.

--Donnie

Back