Front Brakes and discs

I would like to replace original front brakes and discs of my GTD40 (Ford Granada).
I have 17' wheels and street version is also ok.
Pls rely asap if good second hand for sale.

Tx
Rgd
Fred

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Fred,

The most common upgrade for your car is willwood and Ken Saunders can point you in the correct dirrection. They are good value for money also.

I believe that Alcon and I know that AP racing brakes have also been fitted but as regards adaptors etc I do not know where to go.

Best wishes,

Robert

Fred,

I updated my Granada brakes and went the Wilwood route, based on the article by Mike Osborne on Robin Sundt's home page. Couldn't be happier with the results. Used Rally Design for the adaptor bells, and the 12.25" x 1.25" GT48 Fin Curved Vane rotors at the front with 11.75" X 1.25" rotors in back p.n. 160-3846/7 and Superlite IIA calipers (small bore) all round. I managed to cram these into 15" dia wheels! so you shouldn't have any trouble with 17" wheels although you may need spacers as the calipers are wider. Check your wheel offsets before you start. I used standard Girling 0.625" dia master cylinders (twin with balance bar) Pedal pressure is near perfect using 4:1 ratio pedal geometry, no servo used (can't stand the lack of sensitivity). The total cost including getting the front L-brackets made at a local machine shop was $3500 CDN ($2300 US). Considering what Girling and AP wanted for the equivalent setup I thought this was a bargain. The rear calipers luckily bolted straight onto the GTD/Scorpio mounting bracket with only a 1/16" offset required from existing hole (careful filing/reaming. Very early (heavy) GTD upright used Brakes are awesome, no fade and very hard to get lock up once balance was set correctly. Would recommend this convesrion to anyone.

Brian,

Would the GTD original Master Cylinder needs to be changed,If I upgrade to the BK32 (Rally Design)?

Thanks,

G

If you wanted AP brakes, give Roy Lane a call at Techcraft. He has supplied many GTD upgrades, and can fit if required. Not necessarily the cheap option but very effective. He is based around J15 on M40. Sorry don't have his number to hand, if you want it let me know and I shall look it out for you.

Malcolm

Go and have a look at HiSpec Motorsport www.hispecbigbrakes.co.uk they produce good (and cheap) billet ally calipers and can supply discs and bells for a 17" Granada wheel. They are based in Dartford in the UK and are fast gaining a reputation in the kitcar market. Incidentally this is what I am planning to put on mine when I get to that point. They also do rear set-ups as well

Back