Fuel injection options

Re: 8 throttle body cross ram intake ??

Simon, the guys above have pretty-much covered it - all I can add is some approx costs :

- DC&O manifold for 8-stack = AU$900
- DC&O 8 x t/b's = AU$880
- Linkages to suit = AU$150
- Custom inner fuel rails = AU$300
- Autronic ECU = AU$1,600
- 8 x Holden Commodore S/C V6 injectors = AU$800
- Basic Commodore wiring harness = AU$250
- Sensors (2 x O2, air/water temp, tps, etc), say AU$400
- 2 x Igniters + 4 x dual coil-packs = AU$600
- Modify dizzy for triggers = AU$300
- Wiring work by experts (ie, not me !) = AU$750
- Basic Tuning by Autronic expert = $300
- 2 x 1/2 days on the dyno (incl Autronic expert) = AU$1500

That's all I can think of for now - a total of nearly AU$9,000 for a relatively inexpensive setup !!

Kalun's points are really important :

- Proximity of an expert on the ECU (my reason for choosing Autronic).

- Look very carefully into the hidden software lock issue (my second reason for picking Autronic - they have none).

There seem to be maybe 3 reasons for going with EFI :

- Registration : here in Oz, there is no way on the planet that you can get a carburettered engine to pass the emmissions tests - you just have to go EFI.

- Looks : An 8-stack just simply looks cool (& can easily be mistaken for a quad Webber setup by non-experts)

- Reliability : Once set up correctly, they almost never require re-tuning (most ECU's even account for changes in atmospheric pressure). I can just reach into the car & twist the key - it starts every time, hot or cold, & runs totally evenly right throughout the rev range.

BUT, if you already have a registered car, it just comes down to looks & reliability - is the change worth AU$9,000 upwards ?

Hope this helps a bit.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.
hi peter d,
how are ya!
im glen from victoria!
i just come across your post r.e the cheap prices r.e the 8 throttle body cross ram intake!
are these prices still availble/current please to date ?
as i want to purchase this inatake but cant really afford the $ 3,300 dollars needed as it normally sells for currently!
how can i please get them for this price please ?
can you help us out please ?
any way i just sent you a p/m and email via this site r.e this please!
i hope to hear back from you soon please!
or may be some one else could kindly please advise me /help us out where to buy the dc&o intake cheaper than the current price of $3,300 aus dollars inc gst ?
any ideas please guys ?
you can email me at [email protected]
0405 801 586
thanks
glen
victoria

Last edited:
Back