Fuel tank connections

Trying to work out exactly how to plumb up the fuel system on a Southern GT.
I've a pair of Mick's fuel tanks supplied before his retirement and not 100% certain why it has all the various piping points.

Front end of tank is simple with a filler inlet and small diameter vent pipe outlet.

Back end again simple with a single low level outlet for feed to the pump.

On the inboard side / rear at high level there are two fittings.
One I'm presuming will be for a fuel return in an EFi installation - I'll be running a carb so will be capped - but I can't for the life of me work out what the second one would be used for.
Any clues?

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Trying to work out exactly how to plumb up the fuel system on a Southern GT.
I've a pair of Mick's fuel tanks supplied before his retirement and not 100% certain why it has all the various piping points.

Front end of tank is simple with a filler inlet and small diameter vent pipe outlet.

Back end again simple with a single low level outlet for feed to the pump.

On the inboard side / rear at high level there are two fittings.
One I'm presuming will be for a fuel return in an EFi installation - I'll be running a carb so will be capped - but I can't for the life of me work out what the second one would be used for.
Any clues?
Small pipe in front of tank goes to vent on funnel tube connected with fuel hose, two welded on AN fittings on side rear is in & out for efi, rear lower is fuel out to fuelpump.
If not using efi, advise to run extra vent line from AN fitting to front of funnel with Y or T piece.
image.jpg

Something like this…
Cable tray to run cables, hoses, pipes behind tanks. AC on Nearside tray. Throttle cable in hose on tray to easily change out throttle cable incase it should fail, thus no need to strip the sill/tank etc to swap.

Last edited:
Small pipe in front of tank goes to vent on funnel tube connected with fuel hose, two welded on AN fittings on side rear is in & out for efi, rear lower is fuel out to fuelpump.
If not using efi, advise to run extra vent line from AN fitting to front of funnel with Y or T piece.
View attachment 135649
Something like this…
Cable tray to run cables, hoses, pipes behind tanks. AC on Nearside tray. Throttle cable in hose on tray to easily change out throttle cable incase it should fail, thus no need to strip the sill/tank etc to swap.
Maybe a double hose clamp on the fill hose here. Gas fumes in a confined space to be avoided!

Bill Kearley

Supporter
View attachment 135649
Something like this…
Mortin, If it's what I think it is, what kind of filler hose is that ?

Back