G50 Shift Linkage

Chris Duncan

Supporter
Here's something I've been working on. It's an Adesk Inventor animated solids drawing of a cable shift linkage for the G50-05. The cables are on the left and right and the trans shift shaft is the dark grey one in the center.

Inventor is one step up from Autocad but it's still a mid range modeler. Otherwise you might be able to animate both movements at once.

This setup is designed so that both cables can come in from the front instead of one from the front and one from the side.

Can't seem to get a .avi to download so here's a YouTube link

YouTube - Mid engine shifter linkage

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Nice work...

I'm in the process of reconfiguring shifter linkage right now. I'm not modifying the side cable or it's anchor point, but I am building a new Trans-shaft lever that will not put the side cable through so much binding.. I'll post pics on my website and links here when I am done.

Chris Duncan

Supporter
Yeah, the L to R cable is probably better coming in from the side because it has less moving parts than this design. My existing L-R cable is that way now. This was just an exercise to practice in Inventor and to see what it would look like.

I do need to change my Front-Rear cable because it's backwards from the normal shift pattern. 1st, 3rd, 5th and reverse are down and 2nd, and 4th are up.

Back