GAS PRICE CHECK

and this is after the government has removed 25c a liter recently for 3 months due to public pressure.

We have had a similar reduction in the excises until the end of September. from 44.4c down to 22.2c per liter.
This excise is a flat excise per liter and is not a % of the fuel price.
Our excise is indexed by inflation I believe.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
So how much would you pay for a Gallon/Liter before any taxes or excises are levied on top?
Here in Texas where the gasoline is $4.39 a gallon, $4.00 is the cost of the gasoline and the rest is Federal and state tax.

Here in Texas where the gasoline is $4.39 a gallon, $4.00 is the cost of the gasoline and the rest is Federal and state tax.
That's interesting bit different in the UK
Capture.PNG

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Statistics, Damned statistics!
That is a % figure not actual pence per liter at that stage the crude price was low so the duty and tax thus made a much large % of the price.

As crude price rises and the same pence per liter duty etc is added the duty forms a lessr %

So not to different to what i worked out at $4.24US.

Note that I have not taken into account rental/land prices/Company Tax rates/other business costs. So depending on what else the companies are required to cover the prices seem quite similar.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The 9/10ths of a cent always boggled my pea brain as well - so I Ducked it and came up with a bunch of consistent info - so I snapped it and am including here…
I must say that I’m feeling rather enriched…
20B8B6FE-4195-49E1-B026-7BC0C49788C9.jpeg

Back