Gated shifter install

Michael Fling

Supporter
I am completing a few loose ends before the car goes off for interior. One of those items is installing the new gated shifter. Does anyone have pictures of an install? In my existing shifter, the cable setup length is opposite the new shifter configuration. Do the cables get flipped to the opposite side or is the length simply adjusted and
gated 1.jpg
gated 2.jpg
they stay positioned in the same place?

Howard Jones

Supporter
Have you driven the car with the OEM shifter? Or in other words are you sure it works correctly as it is configured in the picture? IF not you may have them reversed and only need to flip them.

If you are sure that the old one is correct and works then if you can't lengthen the cables to suit it may be possible to add a short length of threaded tube to the center rod if one ends up a bit too short.

Michael Fling

Supporter
Have you driven the car with the OEM shifter? Or in other words are you sure it works correctly as it is configured in the picture? IF not you may have them reversed and only need to flip them.

If you are sure that the old one is correct and works then if you can't lengthen the cables to suit it may be possible to add a short length of threaded tube to the center rod if one ends up a bit too short.
Ty.. Yes, I have driven it and it works well as is. But the configuration is different not only on the cables, but also on the reverse mechanism?
That is why I wanted to see a few pics.

Michael Fling

Supporter
Got the shifter installed ... needs little more adjustment to find all the gears. Is there a a different fiberglass center console available from RCR that conforms to the gated shifter or is the original just modified?

Joel K

Supporter
Michael, my SL-C was delivered Dec 2019 and below is the center console delivered with the kit, it is a bit narrower than the new shifter. Also, looks like the bracket mounts it offset, that is flush with the driver side of the center 2x6 and overhangs on the passenger side. The pics I have show most center it in the console. Here are a few of my file photos off GT40s labeled by the build name I use to remember who has done what....

My console...
B574CD5E-9773-411B-9E69-EBC8C588CDA1.jpeg

Here are some file photos. I especially like Mike’s approach and leave it visible although for my long arms this location seems too far back...
492CC0D7-F6EC-4886-AA5D-FCAD8809EA4D.jpeg

2D4C06A8-32B9-4ACF-A0C7-F92A816AD79C.jpeg

47C61530-24B9-452B-BDAD-C4308D076CC9.jpeg

Last edited:

Michael Fling

Supporter
Michael, my SL-C was delivered Dec 2019 and below is the center console delivered with the kit, it is a bit narrower than the new shifter. Also, looks like the bracket mounts it offset, that is flush with the driver side of the center 2x6 and overhangs on the passenger side. The pics I have show most center it in the console. Here are a few of my file photos off GT40s labeled by the build name I use to remember who has done what....

My console...
View attachment 105176

Here are some file photos. I especially like Mike’s approach and leave it visible although for my long arms this location seems too far back...
View attachment 105177

View attachment 105178

View attachment 105179
Big help.... ty

Back