Greetings

I am new to the GT40 world and I'm very excited to be part of this community. I do not have a GT40 at this time, but I am starting a slow search and I hope to have one in the next couple of years. I am a former Ferrari owner and Ferrari Chat member, but I know that this will be a better experience because this time I will do my homework before I buy. In the future I will be turning to all of you to answer my questions and to make sure that I build a great GT40. Thanks to all in advance.

Last edited:
Mark, Welcome. Based on your post I take it you will be building a car not buying a completed car? If yes, which car(s) has your research taken you to? RCR, CAV etc.

With so many options to choose from it can get confusing. At this time I am torn between Superformance, RCR or the Cav with either a Roush or Keith Craft motor. They all seem to be great cars. I will be spending alot of time reading post on this forum and asking questions and when the time comes I will look at each car in person. At this point I do prefer to have a car built, but I am not closed to the idea of buying used if it is the right car.

Hi Mark, I joined this forum recently too. I don't own a GT40 yet, like you, but I'm listening to everyone and making choices. All the brand names you mentioned are excellent ones. There's a very recent thread entitled "SPF vs. CAV" that has some good info. I'm also open to building one (from a turnkey minus, not from near-scratch) to buying used.

Good luck with your search.

Welcome Mark. I'm also on ferrarichat sometimes...and whenever I would mention something about GT40's some ferrari twit would make some smug comment like I'm talking about a Ford Fairlane. I think you'll find there are a bunch of great guys here who are a heck of a lot smarter overall, and friendlier and more down to earth, than f-chat. That said, I do like my f-cars but they're nothing to match the experience of a good GT40. Welcome!

Ditto what Cliff said. Having hung around a bunch of Ferrrai guys and I even met the man (Enzo) himself years ago I will admit F-guys are decent chaps mostly but 40 guys and gals are just that tad bit more down to earth and friendly. You'll get whatever you want from this group and 99% of the time they are glad to give it. BTW speak to the powers that be at CAV, (Johann in NC or Ian in Canada), Lance with SPF and Fran with RCR..if you haven't already. Great guys who are more than willing to talk to you about their cars. Plus, Rod is right there is a great thread on the CAV/SPF issue. Well worth reading. Good luck and enjoy.

Welcome aboard. I am going down a similar path as you (looking for a 40) and have found this forum immensely helpful. The vastness of information contained here and the overwhelming helpfullness of the members is a godsend. I have already narrowed my focus and started collecting parts.

Oh, and a big thumbs up to the moderators who keep the spammers and flammers off the boards; you'll only find information here.

Eric

I am very pleased with the forum and all the positive responses that I have been recieving and how other members are willing to help. I have already recieved private messages from Fran Hall (RCR) and Andy Sheldon (Tornado) offering help with my project even though they know I am about two years away from living the dream. In the future I will be going to visit Fran Hall and RCR...I'm so lucky they are only 30 miles from my home.

Mark, you been down to see Fran yet? Wanted to know how that went. Having Fran so close might be the deal maker. I have to plug my CAV though. I'm well pleased and have received fantastic help from both Johann and Ian...both have been extremely helpful with questions.

Back