GT 40 Number 40

Chuck

Supporter
One year ago, almost to the day, my son Ryan and I ordered an Everett Morrison 427 SC. Building it has been a blast. So much so that the idea of finishing was starting to depress us, for lack of another project. So we started looking around at options. A visit to RCR in early November persuaded us that a GT 40 should be the next project, and Fran persuaded us that RCR was the GT 40 to build.

But there was a catch. We would not order a GT 40 until the Cobra was road ready.

So on New Years weekend, the Cobra was road ready. We rang in the new year with a ride through the subdivision. Time to order the GT.

Called Fran on the last business day of 2006 and placed the order. Turns out it was the 40th GT 40 ordered in 2006, hence we are looking forward to starting to build GT 40 number 40.

The Essex Wire cars will serve as our prototype. Mark I. White with a red stripe, outlined in black. Set up for decent street use, with a 302 around 350 HP. Our goal is to strive for authenticity where ever possible.

Look forward to getting ideas, suggestions and advice from this website as we progress. Frankly what we learned at this site and Fran's quick responses had a lot to do with our decision to build an RCR GT 40.

Chuck
Carterville, Illinois

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Chuck,

Welcome to the family. Having only recently finished the build of one car will I'm sure be a great head start to making your garage the home of one fine collection.

Looking forward to seeing your build thread - and the new solutions you'll come up with!

Best,

T.

Congratulations! I was out yesturday for a long drive in the Cobra that my father and I built, thinking about how sweet the 40 will be. The building is every bit as much fun. We start installation of Mass-Flo system this week, to fill the time before the new garage is done. Then it's on to the next project...

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations Chuck and I'll reiterate ....welcome to the RCR owners club.

Back