GT-R

Aren't we a little past due for a GT-R fix? Anything new to share? Or something old. I really don't care! ...Just something.

Man! Do you give your kids empty boxes for Christmas? I saw the new posts and was hoping Fran was going to toss out a GT-R bone.

:(

Check this out for your fix....

Attachments

• a_IMG_0277.jpg
    a_IMG_0277.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 703
  • ALMS_HDR_IMG_8622.jpg
    ALMS_HDR_IMG_8622.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 555
  • H_725_IMG_1719.jpg
    H_725_IMG_1719.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 755
Mark, there's this thing called Google with like a billion images to hold you over lol. Honestly though, I know you're after the RCR goods but here's my favorite picture
Car_40_GT2_D.Murry_D.Robertson_A.Robertson_Doran_Ford_GT_R_Robertson_Racing_2A4252.jpg

This is exactly how the GT-R looks but with even better body lines and gaps

Ford stopped the GT because the car would no longer pass the roof/rollover test being implemented in 2007

Thanks for the pics Fran. Especially that 3rd one. It has a bit more artistic flare to it.
Mark, there's this thing called Google with like a billion images to hold you over lol. Honestly though, I know you're after the RCR goods but here's my favorite picture

I have dug through as much Robertson Racing content as I can find on Google.

Pics are always nice, but its the mechanicals and engineering aspects that keep me coming back! I am still probably 3-4 years out before I get back to Florida and can start up on my next big build project. So for know I tinker with my Mustang and Cobra and dream about bulding a GT/GT40. I actually like the Idea of building a GT-R better than owning a GT. A lot more freedom to build to my taste, which would be a very spartan race-ready street car. Chrome and polish and gloss don't do much for me, but a nice Terminator or Coyote mid-engine car really gets me going.

who's going to be the first to build one with the new flat crank GT350 motor? That is going to be SWEEEEEET.

I was thinking the same Tom, as Ford has made it official finally. Though some of their "special" engines have had really "special" price tags. The 2014 GT500 is like $32k, the Cobra Jet if preordered was $28k and the XS is at $15k and I think FordGT when available were like $35k. Now these seem right in line with Euro exotics, but that's half the attraction of these cars.....Exotic performance at slightly sub-exotic entry point.

I'd have loved to had the sound of a flat crank, but don't care to be the guinea pig either on install and electronics. I ended up going 2013 T/O GT500. Pulley and a chip should move right along and "look" the part of a Ford GT. So yes, Fran that means I've finally solidified my build strategy and will be in touch very soon :)

Any additional thoughts on interior options/styles? Or can that be solidified as time progresses since a/m seats option not solidified at moment.

Back