GT-R

A buddy of mine was just in the H Craft shop and took some photos of the GT's, the dark blue SLC, and the white Le Mans.

I was looking at the Robertson racing cars and they have different mirror styles and different wings. What do you guys think looks the best?

I guess its up to you if you want low mirrors, high tail or visa versa. Low mirrors are more stable but you have a slit to look thru. High mirrors might get a bit more wobbly but better visibility. High tail gets more clean air.

I tried to raise the tail and look thru the slit then augment with a camera. I just cant find a camera that isnt made for backup. So I can see cars well 20 to 40ft behind me but cant make them out at 120ft. Does anyone know of a good camera that can hook into an RCA/SVGA monitor that isnt made for backup situations?

Sorry to derail the thread. How bout that GT-R!

Attachments

• low mirrors.jpg
    low mirrors.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 417

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I was looking at the Robertson racing cars and they have different mirror styles and different wings. What do you guys think looks the best?

I like the goose neck style wing and the taller mirrors. I'm wanting to pay Fran a visit when there is one to view at his shop. I'm starting to build the wiring harnesses and steering column for it already.....lol

I kind of like the "Top Speed" pic in regards to mirrors, if we're discussing pleasing looks.

There is still several unknowns in this kit. Wish we'd get some pics as soon as first is delivered. I'm hoping for a "just after the snow melts" delivery. I just realized that we aren't that far apart, Dean. Have you ordered yet?

Attachments

• 070231.1-lg.jpg
    070231.1-lg.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 489
I kind of like the "Top Speed" pic in regards to mirrors, if we're discussing pleasing looks.

There is still several unknowns in this kit. Wish we'd get some pics as soon as first is delivered. I'm hoping for a "just after the snow melts" delivery. I just realized that we aren't that far apart, Dean. Have you ordered yet?

I think Dean is gt-r #1.

Fran mentioned earlier that he had 2 carbon fiber cars already sold. That would be me! I have GT-R 1 and 2 on the way. It is going to be a very exciting project.

Wonder what number I got then? Be funny if 3 of the first ended up in our BFE part of the country. Terre Haute.....we'll have to meet up in Effingham at some point.

Drivetrain plans, Dean? I've procured a Trinity and a TT transaxle. Staying with the Ford/Pcar themes I know..... The car build will be enough a challenge for me. Fran assures me there is enough room as its bigger than my Kaase headed BBF in my Stang.

Wonder what number I got then? Be funny if 3 of the first ended up in our BFE part of the country. Terre Haute.....we'll have to meet up in Effingham at some point.

Drivetrain plans, Dean? I've procured a Trinity and a TT transaxle. Staying with the Ford/Pcar themes I know..... The car build will be enough a challenge for me. Fran assures me there is enough room as its bigger than my Kaase headed BBF in my Stang.

Effingham my ass! How about Putnam park for a weekend of eating Porsche with a side of Vette! Its a blast to lap the "instructors"! These should turn 1.15, no trouble.

The drive trains are slightly different with super charged coyotes, one with a Graziano and on with a Porsche gear box. I'm looking for north of 600hp at the tires.

As for a delivery date, I would think pretty soon but anytime you completely redesign a car, things come up. I have been on order for an RCR product for a long time but Fran keeps coming up with better stuff so I have no choice but to change my plans.:thumbsup:

I have two coming because I couldn't talk another buddy into the third one. Seriously, I am building one for a friend of mine. That's why I have the two cars coming.

Effingham my ass! How about Putnam park for a weekend of eating Porsche with a side of Vette! Its a blast to lap the "instructors"! These should turn 1.15, no trouble.

The drive trains are slightly different with super charged coyotes, one with a Graziano and on with a Porsche gear box. I'm looking for north of 600hp at the tires.

As for a delivery date, I would think pretty soon but anytime you completely redesign a car, things come up. I have been on order for an RCR product for a long time but Fran keeps coming up with better stuff so I have no choice but to change my plans.:thumbsup:

I have two coming because I couldn't talk another buddy into the third one. Seriously, I am building one for a friend of mine. That's why I have the two cars coming.

Super Charged Coyote ought to be interesting Dean. Are you going to do a build thread?

I'll start the build thread as soon as I get the cars. I need to get a plan in my head regarding the build order. I first thought about doing them at the same time but lately I'm thinking about finishing one and then building the second one.

Luke, is yours carbon fiber?

Back