GT40 cutaway drawing

I run another GT40 website. I mostly lurk here enjoying the forum but I say little because I am not a GT40 owner yet.

Some one has posted for sale a GT40 cutaway drawing claiming it hung on the ford factory garage since the 60s.

I don't make any claim that this is true or not. Do your own due diligence on this before you buy it, if you are interested.

It looks pretty dirty but I'm sure could be cleaned up quite nicely.

Link here

I Hope posting this here like this does not bring hellfire down upon me but I thought people here on this forum should be made aware of this in case the claim can some how be substantiated/authenticated. This could be a nice score for some one here.

I don't have the time/money to spend right now or I may have went for it myself.

Feel free to speculate and comment on it here though.

If one of you does acquire it let us know the story.

###

Attachments

• Gt40-3rd-s.jpg
    Gt40-3rd-s.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 552
Last edited:

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I have one of the MK2 and the MK1 bought off ebay, I laser etched them into wood which makes the pictures 2D, the laser evaporates about .075" deep, they were gifts, not for sale, to much work.

Hard to tell if its original or not but there are many of them out there.

Attachments

• DSCN3562.jpg
    DSCN3562.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 447
I have one of the MK2 and the MK1 bought off ebay, I laser etched them into wood which makes the pictures 2D, the laser evaporates about .075" deep, they were gifts, not for sale, to much work.

Hard to tell if its original or not but there are many of them out there.

WOW that is super nice. Wish I live next door to you, I would have to twist your arm for one of those.

As for the cutaway I posted, the guy who is selling it claims it hung in the ford factory garage since the 60s. That part would be hard to substantiate. if a person could some how prove that then the cutaway he is selling would be nice to have because it was owned by Ford and would have that history.

###

Back