GT40 kit for $17,500 in the USA

Yep

Fran will place the tranny mounts on the chassis
to accept either the Audi 5000 (aka 016 trans) or the
G50. I bought both my adapters from KEP.
Very nice stuff ! Not overly expensive.

MikeD

Thanks Mike

I just got off the phone with KEP

Here is their setup for anyone else looking into fran's GT kit

P/N 2980 - Audi 5000 to SBF kit, includes 1/2" aluminum adapter plate, steel flywheel, pilot bearing, starter adapter, and all hardware - $625

P/N 112X - HD starter - $150

P/N TBD - HD Stage II clutch assy - $342

Bill

F3L, did I hear F3L...?

Attachments

• 48213-205-3.jpg
    48213-205-3.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 530

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Thank you Gents for all the suppoort both on and off the forum.
We are obviously striking a chord here.

I have already been contacted by a few guys very interested in purchasing cars after the holidays.Which is when we will be ready with the new Mk1 bodies.
I have also had interest from a couple of people that would like to offer their building services to buyers that may not be able to do certain aspects of their build.
This situation will be discussed more as cars are sold and a baseline is established.

Now onto our other cars.

Obviously the T-70 Mk3b and the MkIV(soon) will be available but only in monocoque chassis form from now on.
The demand for these models will be less and they will be a more expensive car for me to build but will still be available in the mid $30k's.

Look forward to hearing from more of you.

Happy hunting.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'd like to throw out a little chime on the subject as well. Fran first contacted me over three years ago when I joined the forum. His encouragement and suggestions for my car have been invaluable to me. I've seen pictures over the years of suspension pieces and such he would make while mating "this body" with "that chassis" and they were all first rate. He is a racer first (I've seen pictures of him driving everything under the sun) so I know the kit pieces will be top quality with sound design.

Fran
What are you using for your MK-IV bodies? did you pull a mold from a real body? What are you using for windscreens?
Are your MK-IV and Lola windsreens exact fit for an original car?

Are you making a J car as well?
Best

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Hi Jim.
My T-70 screens and MkIV screens are indeed a perfect fit for an original car,I have moulds for the T-70 and access to MkIV glass moulds too.
You are corect that the body moulds for the MkIV were taken from an original.
I incorrectly termed the MkIV and J car as one ,which they are obviously not.
We are actually doing a MkIV...not one of the first 3 J-car style bodies.

Most people do not realise that there is a difference and the subtlties do not concern them too much,at least the demographic that I researched before embarking on the project did not seem to mind.
All these superb cars will be the embodiment of the individuals dream and as such they can really go to town and make them their own.

Regards

Hi
Are you doing a rounded sill (J3,J4) MK-IV or a squared off (J5,J6,J7,J8) body? I'm curious about the MK-IV windscreens.
I made molds for mine (Vericon) but while they fit my car they don't fit J3. Will your MK-IV mono take a big block?
Will your center sections be fiberglass?
Best

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Jim.
we have MkIV with the squared sill/rocker panels.
As I said we are doing a MkIV not a J car,from my understanding the cars from J4 onwards have much more in commmon with each other.
You are the expert I am the pupil.
The mono will absolutley take a BIG BLOCK no problem there.
We are doing only a fibreglass body.
There is no way I could keep my philosophy alive ...affordable.....if I were to go with anything but.

Thanks for the questions as it helps to enlighten everyone as to what is available.

Cheers

I almost forgot that we can do carbon fibre bodies too if a customer wants the ultimate hot rod MkIV replica

Hi
J4 hindges at the center section, J5,J6, J7, J8 hindge at the rear. J4 has rounded sills J5,J6, J7, and J8 are squared off.

What transaxle are you going to use in your Big Block car?

Best

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Jim,
I am not building any completed cars as I said in my original listing for Race-car-replicas. I am providing all the "big pieces"
so that an individual can build any car of his choice "his" way.
There is no definative way that any of the cars we are offering should be built.....to each his own.

The engine bay is large enough to take a big block but that is not on my list of options at this point.
If you check out my first post it spells out quite clearly what my intentions are.

If an individual chooses to modify what I provide him then I will help with advice but he will be taking his project out of my realm and he will have his own mind which transaxle he feels suits him best.

I am building the base platform from which people can build ...I am not building perfect reproductions of original cars.(no honeycomb tubs just yet..)
Again as I said in the original posting.........my chassis is not built to be compared to any other car on the market,it should be judged on its own merit.
This is the only way for entry level pricing and that is how I intend to keep this .
I have no desire to attempt to please everyone by offering a completely built "dream" car, that is up to them to realise the dream once I have sprinkled the fairy dust... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

We digress.....a Mk1 GT40 replica for $17,500 is the our topic and I would like to again thank everyone for their positive response and I look forward to helping people get what they want...
Cheers

Have you driven a version of your kit? How does it drive?
The components seem like they will work well. Does the Jag body mount to your chassis as well?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Jim,
I have not driven a completed car yet as I am busy building chassis and suspension at this point.
Everything has been tested and optimised by computer simulation which is the same software used by Ferrari for its race teams...provided by AVL from Europe.(my day job)
So if its good enough for them it is certainly good enough for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifand I hope everyone here.
I have tried to make the components as good as I can and I have not cut any corners in manufacture..... just the profit margin.
As with any well thought out chassis the steering and suspension are all adjustable to give good tuning capacity.
The steering rack has 3 inches of adjustabilty up and down and is also adjustable for and aft.to basically give any amount of feedback required by the builder

The Jag is not built by me ,I am showing it on my website to help promote the car for Richard Donner of the www.Sportscarfactory.com
as it such a superb car,but I am making components to help finish the blue car for Vic.A from Indiana.

My monocoque chassis is not a welded unit like the Jag it is a fully mechanically fastened system that is all CNC manufactured.......just to keep you guys interested it will be used under the T-70 and also the Mk4 should anyone purchase either of these,but thats another story..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers

Pedro

Supporter
Fran,
Can you elaborate a bit on the MKIV? I am more interested on the body details, how accurate, windshield etc.

Fran,

Back to the thread; do you have a detailed list of what will be shipped with the Mark I? I know you have mentioned things offline like dash and seat buckets but an overall view for everyone interested would be very helpful so we know what we need to source.

Thanks

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Hi Tim.
thanks for the redirection.
If you check back on the original listing there is actually a complete list of what is included there.But I will list it again....
For $17,500
T.I.G. welded chassis with rear roll hoop and rear leg supports.
Aluminum floor pan ...drilled
Body panel set....front clip and nostril,rear clip,roof,doors,rocker panels,dash and seat shells.
Pair aluminum fuel tanks
Windshield
Front light covers
Side windows
Billet rear crossmember
The donor front suspension is from a C4 Corvette.
Parts required are both front uprights with bearings along with both upper and lower control arms.
The steering rack is a Porsche 911/912/914 but needs extra parts from RCR to complete installation.

For $19,500 all of the above(except donor parts)
are included plus....
upper and lower rear control arms with bushings and rod ends included.
Billet aluminum rear uprights
Four Corvette wheel bearing assemblies F & R
Steering Rack and tie rods
Steering Column

That about covers it all.

The rest of the components are to be provided by the builder although as time progresses I am sure that I will be adding extra components that will be availble for extra cost....
Billet front uprights
Exhaust systems
etc etc etc
Anything not listed is not included in the packages so that should help anyone considering a purchase.

Cheers... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hey Fran, what do you think it would cost to finish the car with a G50 trans and a $5K motor? And can you send me an email to [email protected] because I have a few questions offline.

Back